News Researchers Teleport Data Between Two Chips Via Quantum Entanglement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ino___

Reputable
Feb 18, 2016
View: https://youtu.be/ZuvK-od647c?t=490

it may be a few years old but i dont think there is any new development in this

also the abstract is about blabla in "silicon" so pleas dont tell me next post its some new knowledge how entanglement behaves in general
the theory is more or less the same for the last 50+ years we just have now experiments to prove it and now even chips

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
please dont tell me next post its some new knowledge how entanglement behaves
I thought the issue in dispute wasn't entanglement, but rather whether the quantum state of the particle can be influenced. That it can, would seem to be a fundamental prerequisite of quantum computing.

In any case, if you want to argue about these subjects, I'd suggest somewhere that specializes more on that subject. Maybe somewhere like here:

For deeper news coverage of this & other quantum computing stories, perhaps try:

Here's their coverage of the same story, which was actually written by the same university department that submitted the paper to Nature:

To your point about influencing the state of the qubit, they explain exactly how they do it:

By zapping the electron with a microwave field, the researchers can flip the spin up or down to assign the qubit a quantum state of 1 or 0.

Anyway, this is really a PC hardware site, at its heart. As such, most of us don't know much about quantum mechanics or quantum computing. I think most of Tom's quantum computing articles are pretty decent, but they're usually written by a different author (Lucian Armasu), FWIW.

Last edited:

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I saw you quoted a line from that page that says it can't be used for FTL transportation or communication of classical bits. But we're talking about communication of qubits.
Hmmm... I guess I can't really comment on that.

For the technique to truly enable quantum computers to scale, which I think is the main point, you'd certainly want that.

Reactions: TJ Hooker