[SOLVED] reserved IP that I never added

Jul 15, 2020
I've entered to my router and in the client's list of my router I see all devices connected to the router and it has a part where you can add a reserved IP for certain client, and it appears a client there that I never added with name unknown

waaa.png

There I posted the picture with the router and that client that I never added, I'm not sure what that is or why it appears there, I can delete it too but I'm not sure if it's something related to the router or what, so I hope someone can know something about it,
thanks in advanced

Solution
Could you tell me what does "OUI" means ? and the weird thing is that I only have the router Arris and apart from the router is a DECODER FOR CABLE TELEVISION model dcx3520 and it belongs to arris. The mac that appeared as "reserved" from that "unknown" device that I didn't add is "00:00:CA:01:02:03 " but I looked the stickers in the TV decoder and it has 5 things; UA, HOST SN, eSTB MAC, DOCSIS MAC and HUID, but none of them has the same numbers as the MAC of the element "unknown" found in my router configurations
It is most likely your TV box. Many TV boxes use IP for on-demand programming and for the on-screen guide. There is probably a sticker on the bottom of the TV box which shows the MAC address.
Jul 15, 2020
Search that mac address here and see who makes the nic--it might just be something like a smart tv that you forgot you put in the router...not like I've done that or anything...:ROFLMAO:
I looked the mac up and it belongs to ARRIS Group, Inc.
haha I'd like that it would be a tv or something but I have good memory and I've never added an ip as reserved so that's what worries me... and Im the only one with access to the router

Jul 15, 2020
The Arris OUI suggests that it is a cable modem/router/mesh router or something like that.
Could you tell me what does "OUI" means ? and the weird thing is that I only have the router Arris and apart from the router is a DECODER FOR CABLE TELEVISION model dcx3520 and it belongs to arris. The mac that appeared as "reserved" from that "unknown" device that I didn't add is "00:00:CA:01:02:03 " but I looked the stickers in the TV decoder and it has 5 things; UA, HOST SN, eSTB MAC, DOCSIS MAC and HUID, but none of them has the same numbers as the MAC of the element "unknown" found in my router configurations

Jul 15, 2020
If it answers a ping, run a port scanner against it - nmap or something like that.

You can also just try hitting it with a browser and see if it answers on port 80 (http) or 443 (https).
the unknow device appears in my network with a software that I installed in windows but it doesn't show any ports (Im not sure what it means)... and my computer shows open ports but I think they're the typical ones

kanewolf

Titan
It is most likely your TV box. Many TV boxes use IP for on-demand programming and for the on-screen guide. There is probably a sticker on the bottom of the TV box which shows the MAC address.

Solution