[SOLVED] Reset motherboard bios without CMOS removal

oofsamy

Reputable
Sep 22, 2020
Hey, I'm still trying to diagnose my problem of my xbox wireless adapter not working out for, it's a really specific problem but I found someone with the exact exact same problem, I cannot stress enough how similar it is, I've had this problem for about a couple weeks, though the maker of the post uses a Gigabyte motherboard and someone in the comment section replied that he needed to update his motherboard bios, he also had a gigabyte motherboard, I went to see if my motherboard had an update though the bios is at the latest version, another person suggested resetting bios settings by removing the CMOS battery, but the graphics card is completely in the way of my CMOS battery, though I'm only 13 and I do not want to mess with my PC, is there any way to reset my BIOS settings without CMOS removal?

My motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 6.0

Hey, I'm still trying to diagnose my problem of my xbox wireless adapter not working out for, it's a really specific problem but I found someone with the exact exact same problem, I cannot stress enough how similar it is, I've had this problem for about a couple weeks, though the maker of the post uses a Gigabyte motherboard and someone in the comment section replied that he needed to update his motherboard bios, he also had a gigabyte motherboard, I went to see if my motherboard had an update though the bios is at the latest version, another person suggested resetting bios settings by removing the CMOS battery, but the graphics card is completely in the way of my CMOS battery, though I'm only 13 and I do not want to mess with my PC, is there any way to reset my BIOS settings without CMOS removal?

My motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 6.0
Can you access the two BIOS reset pins? Look in the manual for the location (it's item 15 in the image on page 12). If you can see them all you have to do is reach in with a screwdriver to short them together with the tip. Before doing that be sure to remove the power plug after turning it off.

You don't normally have to remove the battery.

Reactions: oofsamy

oofsamy

Reputable
Sep 22, 2020
Can you access the two BIOS reset pins? Look in the manual for their location. If you can see them all you have to do i reach in with a screwdriver to short them together with the tip. Before doing that be sure to remove the power plug after turning it off.

You don't normally have to remove the battery.

I'll go ahead and try this with my dad once he arrives from work, thanks!

Solution