Question Reset my msi click bios 5 settings to "optimal settings" and now my pc runs like garbage

Aug 23, 2021
exactly as the tilte says. i don't even understand how thats possible as ive never touched said settings. i went into bios trying to undervolt my cpu which i couldnt even do because the bios does not have anything relating to it and i saw "reset to optimal settings" when exiting it. i thought why not and i clicked it and now EVERYTHING is choppy and has like 15 fps.

before this i was able to PERFECTLY run BFV at 125+ fps with no stutters, vermintide 2 exactly the same but now it runs at 15, literally unplayable, and warzone was constantly at 80 fps and now it has dropped to literally 25-44 fps. im so confused and i need help.

i know this is vague but i genuinely do not know what to say.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
exactly as the tilte says. i don't even understand how thats possible as ive never touched said settings. i went into bios trying to undervolt my cpu which i couldnt even do because the bios does not have anything relating to it and i saw "reset to optimal settings" when exiting it. i thought why not and i clicked it and now EVERYTHING is choppy and has like 15 fps.

before this i was able to PERFECTLY run BFV at 125+ fps with no stutters, vermintide 2 exactly the same but now it runs at 15, literally unplayable, and warzone was constantly at 80 fps and now it has dropped to literally 25-44 fps. im so confused and i need help.

i know this is vague but i genuinely do not know what to say.
Go into BIOS and enable XMP profile for the memory.

Aug 23, 2021
Go into BIOS and enable XMP profile for the memory.
just went into bios. theres no setting or anything called "XMP profile" for me to turn on i dont understand this bios i looked through every setting i could and literally nothing relating to that

i quite literally have no "memory" settings no cpu settings no nothing. maybe im just too dumb to access them but ive looked through the whole bios and n o t h i n g. The only settings i have are "motherboard settings" which again has nothing relating to memory. if i go into ez mode (F7) i can see CPU Memory Storage Fan Info categories but i cannot fo anything in them. its just a bunch of info no drop downs nothing for me to select or change.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
just went into bios. theres no setting or anything called "XMP profile" for me to turn on i dont understand this bios i looked through every setting i could and literally nothing relating to that

i quite literally have no "memory" settings no cpu settings no nothing. maybe im just too dumb to access them but ive looked through the whole bios and n o t h i n g. The only settings i have are "motherboard settings" which again has nothing relating to memory. if i go into ez mode (F7) i can see CPU Memory Storage Fan Info categories but i cannot fo anything in them. its just a bunch of info no drop downs nothing for me to select or change.
What exact motherboard just Google the motherboard and how to enable exp profile.