RESET WINDOWS 10: Personal files can’t be deleted

marlowllana

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
I have problem with my windows, it is infected by a virus or malware that changes how my keyboard and mouse work(even the usb mouse and keyboard) i have checked the settings and its all correct. That is why i decided to reset this pc and choose “delete everything in the drive where windows is installed”. But after the reset a message will appear that says it can’t delete all my personal files. It is successful tho in reinstalling my os. BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE(the problem is still even when using the on-screen keyboard).

Also i tried to remove the windows.old file via the settings and choosing to remove temporary files and while it is deleting it wil say its going to delete more 400 gb even though my laptop only have less than 30gb drive. I REALLY NEED HELP, i use this for my schoolworks and school is about to start. Thank you for your help in advance.

Solution
its better if you backup all your files to a usb, and do a clean install of windows from the boot process in the USB UEFI. you can tell the installer to delete all your partitions, format it and proceed with the install. do you know the name/model number of your motherboard? if its an old board, then it may not be able to boot from USB UEFI and instead you need to burn a DVD ISO to do the install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
its better if you backup all your files to a usb, and do a clean install of windows from the boot process in the USB UEFI. you can tell the installer to delete all your partitions, format it and proceed with the install. do you know the name/model number of your motherboard? if its an old board, then it may not be able to boot from USB UEFI and instead you need to burn a DVD ISO to do the install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Solution

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
at least a 8GB thumbdrive will do. and yes preferrably from a clean PC. i dont know how advanced viruses/malwares are nowadays but lets just give it a benefit of a double :p whats your motherboard/laptop btw, old/some systems do not support UEFI boot from USB. or sometimes we need to explicitly set something in the BIOS to allow that. be sure you go to the boot menu during start up and manually select the USB (if your BIOS didnt put USB as your 1st boot priority. most likely its your system drive).

TRENDING THREADS