Resident Evil 5: Demo Performance Analyzed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]tokbromoh87[/nom]This is fake!..See at the comparison page..geforce had used medium detail not high!..You can see the difference with the page that shows the comparison between low, medium and high![/citation]

*sigh*

I wrote the review, nothing was fake about it.

What are you talking about dude?

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]rycroft[/nom]the results and conclusion don't match up with my benchmarks. I have vista ultimate 32bit, zotac 8800gt, Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (overclocked to 2.4ghz, 2gigs of ddr400, and have all the settings on high, vertical sync ON, motion blur ON, using c16xQ, & res @ 1360x768 on a 42" LG plasma[/citation]

Well, you're using a vastly different CPU, you've left Vsync on, and you're using a resolution we never tested. Why would you expect it to match your benchmarks?

rycroft

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
I would still expect to see some similarities or reasons for performance hits with my settings. Im just stating that my setup isnt as superior as yours and still seems to run fairly well. Also i find it odd that dx9 runs better on your setup and worse on mine. Not criticizing your article just scratching my head on the results and adding info from my benchmarks. Im pleased that i can still run a game like this on high with out page tearing. finished the game last week and only had frame rate trouble with one boss. which was very minor. On another note. i wish you guys would use stock hardware settings, match up competitors cards correctly, and not try to favor on brand over the other... cough. cough.

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]rycroft[/nom]Not criticizing your article just scratching my head on the results and adding info from my benchmarks. [/citation]

My apologies, I knee-jerked there.

The Dx9 vs. 10 issue is puzzling, we're running Vista here too. Although we're runngin 64-bit Vista, maybe there's some of the discrepancy.

As far as favoring a brand over the other, don't even go there. I spend a whole lot of time and energy avoiding brand favortism. :)

isamuelson

Distinguished
AMD64 X2 4200+
ATI HD3870 PCIe
4 gigs PC3200 RAM
Windows 7 Professional RTM 64-bit

I have the game and it is running at 1280x1024, high settings on everything, 2x AA, Motion Blur on and the still runs smooth for me. No over clocking what-so-ever being done either. Is this normal? I know with the Variable test, I could average around 40+ FPS. Under the fixed test, I would be lucky to get above 24 FPS. Yet, the game play itself is smooth. Even at the end of Chapter 1-1 with all the "zombies" and the "executioner" coming at me, there is NO slow down.

Overall, very happy with this game and its performance AND it looks great. Heck, I think it looks better than GTA IV and THAT game runs like a DOG on my machine.

ThreatDown

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2008
I get the same fps in directx 9 and 10 on win7 64 bit and a 4870... Cat 9.9 drivers.

Settings are all high, 4xaa. buttery smooth in both.

Mud_pie

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
WTF is everybody talking about...
This chart ONLY has nvidia card due to the fact that NVIDIA 3D vision ONLY runs on NVIDIA cards, and they will NEVER post a chart for the benhmarks of NVIDIA 3D vision with ati card because ATI's cards do NOT work with NVIDIA 3d vision...
idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS