[SOLVED] Resolution locked at 800x600

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys so i got a new gpu rx 5700
I load up windows and try to change the resolution but it wont let me to change it from 800x600 not lower or higher and drivers are installed plz help!!!
Thanks in advance

Solution
The GPU driver should recognize the display/tv it is connected to, then provide you with a list of supported resolutions. So either the GPU driver isn't running (in which case you are limited to 800x600), or the display isn't getting picked up properly.

I'm guessing the second; I've had issues with GPUs picking up TVs properly, and I wouldn't be shocked if there's a setting you need to toggle to get yours to ID correctly.
The GPU driver should recognize the display/tv it is connected to, then provide you with a list of supported resolutions. So either the GPU driver isn't running (in which case you are limited to 800x600), or the display isn't getting picked up properly.

I'm guessing the second; I've had issues with GPUs picking up TVs properly, and I wouldn't be shocked if there's a setting you need to toggle to get yours to ID correctly.

Solution