Question Resource Monitor shows Hardware Reserved 8GB ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2023
No. Those are iGPU settings. Not relevant.
I removed the RAM and they are good. Individually, every RAM works well, less than 100Mb of reserved memory.

When I put in the slot again and on the computer, I had less than 100Mb and reached 3200 Mhz. But computer got reset suddenly and when computer on again, I have 8Gb of reserved memory again and 2133 Mhz again.

So weird. Maybe is it a software installed on my computer?

Edit: I removed the RAM again and now maybe it's keeding good. I hope keep of this way.

View: https://imgur.com/a/IYigHAf

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023
Ram modules are installed in proper slots.

But it seems, fans on your AIO are oriented as exhaust.
They should be oriented as intake.
You get increased dust accumulation because of improper airflow orientation.
Thank you so much! I will change it, for this reason I have much dust inside.

Thank you so much! I will change it, for this reason I have much dust inside.
When it comes to the not working at 3200MHz, that isn't a surprise with a Ryzen 1700 and X370 motherboard. Most people have only been able to get 2933MHz out of 1st Gen Ryzen and the 300 series motherboards. It wasn't until 3rd Gen Ryzen that RAM support officially hit 3200MHz and every CPU could get at least that.

Oct 25, 2023
When it comes to the not working at 3200MHz, that isn't a surprise with a Ryzen 1700 and X370 motherboard. Most people have only been able to get 2933MHz out of 1st Gen Ryzen and the 300 series motherboards. It wasn't until 3rd Gen Ryzen that RAM support officially hit 3200MHz and every CPU could get at least that.
I didn't know that, thank!

Tomorrow I will receive 2 sims of RAM more, I suppose computer won't go at 3200 Mhz more.

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
When half the memory is shown as Hardware Reserved, it frequently means one of the two DIMMs is suspect. Run a full scan of MemTest86+ on each DIMM on its own to see if they're OK. If either DIMM is faulty, replace both DIMMs with a new matched pair.

If you want to get your RAM to run at XMP 3200MT/s on a CPU that tops out at DDR4-2933, dive into the XMP settings and relax the CL (CAS) timings by one or two clock cycles. For example, if the 3200MT/s setting is normally CL30, try CL31 or CL32. Apply this change to all DIMMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS