[SOLVED] Retro 486 Opti-82C499 Chipset.

Smackey01

Prominent
Mar 19, 2020
Hello all- I'm trying to find the jumper settings for this MB. I purchased it off of Ebay but thought it came with a manual. The seller said it worked with their 486 Dx2 66 and I'm trying to install my 486 Dx2 50 and it will not POST (I don't get a video signal) but it DOES power on.

I'm unable to determine the manufactorer of the board. I've checked several retro sites and even the Way Back Machine site. Even though one of the Ebay links say it's a Marconi /Gilbarco, I think it might have reboxed because these companies never made personal computer motherboards to my knowledge and the packaging says '2002'.

Here's what I know for sure about the motherboard, if anyone can please help me at least determine the manufactorer, I would be eternally grateful!

1. Chipset: Opti 8C499
  2. Socket 2 5V 238 pin s
  3. 2 VLB slots
  4. 7 ISA Slots
Here are two Ebay Links

Ebay Link 1

Ebay Link 2

Thank you!

Scott

Solution
Hello all- I'm trying to find the jumper settings for this MB.
Jumper settings for what?
The mobo should boot up without changing anything with the CPU overclocked to 66.
If you don't get any video output it might be your GPU that is faulty.
You should make some high res pictures of the area with the switches and post them here as well, maybe someone can figure them out.
Hello all- I'm trying to find the jumper settings for this MB.
Jumper settings for what?
The mobo should boot up without changing anything with the CPU overclocked to 66.
If you don't get any video output it might be your GPU that is faulty.
You should make some high res pictures of the area with the switches and post them here as well, maybe someone can figure them out.

Solution