[SOLVED] Retropie on HP microserver

elewis521

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
Good afternoon,

I am currently working on running retropie on an old HP mirco server box. I plan on installing it on top of a linux ubuntu distro. My main question is does retropie have compatibility issues with PCie cards such as graphic cards, and usb 3.0 expansion cards? Also will I be able to use a TP Link AC 1300 usb wifi dongle? My main goal is to boot the pc directly into retropie.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solution
Retropie is just the android ( raspberry Pi) frontend for retroarch.
To get the same result on an x86 box you can run lakka which is very bare bones, just an XBMC style frontend ,or batocera recalbox which are more flashy with nice interfaces.
All these three are linux distros for x86/64 with retroarch and a frontend so it's what you want to do but already packaged for your convenience.
Retropie is just the android ( raspberry Pi) frontend for retroarch.
To get the same result on an x86 box you can run lakka which is very bare bones, just an XBMC style frontend ,or batocera recalbox which are more flashy with nice interfaces.
All these three are linux distros for x86/64 with retroarch and a frontend so it's what you want to do but already packaged for your convenience.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS