Review My First Gaming Build! ($1750 budget)

ddibs

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
My current build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/czFh4C

Approximate Purchase Date:
ASAP (the closer the better)

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping
$1500-2000 after all expenses.

System Usage from Most to Least Important:
Gaming, Programming, Streaming.

Are you buying a monitor:
Yes

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**
Everything is new. This is my first build ever.

Do you need to buy OS:
No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)
Any websites.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available
Ohio USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)
No preference just the best bang for my buck.

Overclocking:
Maybe (never overclocked a pc before)

SLI or Crossfire:
No

Your Monitor Resolution:
1920x1080

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC. Please also list specific software or games you're using)

Since I'm not familiar with building PC's I just wanted to get some advice so I can avoid wasting money. Are there any tradeoffs I should make in my current system? Is anything "overkill"? I am least confident about my decision for a monitor and cooling system.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)

I just moved and I don't have a desktop PC. My boss is also going to let me start working from home, so I need a nice battlestation.

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts. Please do not post only links.

My current build is here https://pcpartpicker.com/list/czFh4C. I have not officially purchased anything yet so feel free to suggest any change you see fit.

Thanks in advance!

ddibs

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
This is exactly the type of advice I was looking for. You will likely save me some money.

I just upgraded my cooling system to a Noctua NHD15. I think I am going to downgrade my graphics card to a 1060 as you suggested. However, before I do, I have one last question. If I decide to get a 1440p monitor with 144 hz refresh rate, will a 1060 still be enough?

Thanks a lot for the advice!

kanewolf

Titan

I don't know. I am not a gamer, so specifics like that are beyond my knowledge. FPS is not important to me.