Review: Which Face-Tagging Software Is Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudeb

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
I am a current apple looking to switch to a pc. But, i can say that iPhoto is pretty dope. It's facial regonition is almost 99% effective. It kinda even recognized my pug in a few pictures. Fail when it said a bookcase was my girlfriend.

tomsguiderachel1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
[citation][nom]wildwell[/nom]So.... which one was the best!?[/citation]
It depends what feature is most important to *you.* For me--Picasa is best because it has lots of features, a natural interface AND accuracy. I also like that I can save my photos to "the cloud" via the same desktop app, and it remembers the tags. None of the other solutions have that. But, it also takes a long time to scan and upload...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Very little related:
I was hoping for an unreported feature on Doom3 back then. Viruslike, while playing the game, it could scan the users hard drive and check for photos, the more personal the better, and use the faces found there as skins for the zombies to kill on a final round after the big boss. And it needed not to be perfect, anything missing would just be blood and of-skin.
Doom3 was a really good game, and with such advances in tech we could see this little fantasy of mine come to life some day. But it will need all the artistic level it can get to provide enough involvement to make the player think they actually have gone crazy, which would be really cool as an experience.
Or just a little crazy, just some well recognized faces from time to time during the game and enough to just hint to the craziness of the gamer, not appearing twice on the same zombie or spot. Maybe just a monochrome overlay over some wall...
/end of daydreaming.

spongebob

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
[citation][nom]tomsguiderachel1[/nom]It depends what feature is most important to *you.*[/citation]Same could be said for a lot of what Tom's reviews, many of which manage to present some sort of conclusion.

More of a side-by-side comparison would have been helpful.

tomsguiderachel1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
[citation][nom]spongebob[/nom]Same could be said for a lot of what Tom's reviews, many of which manage to present some sort of conclusion.More of a side-by-side comparison would have been helpful.[/citation]
Point taken, thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.