RevoDrive opinions

mpavao81

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I have read a lot of user comments on OCZs new RevoDrive PCI-E. Ive seen quite a few negative reviews of people saying they got faulty drives. Wondering if anyone here has a RevoDrive and what their experience has been like with it. Thanks

davie4u

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Its typical, had to got work on Saturday and missed the RevoDrive being delivered. It is now locked up tight at my local post office, untill Monday Morning. Guess what I'm at work Monday morning lol. FS I want my RevoDrive now! hehe. Off to cry and stamp my feet :D

davie4u

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
These are my first results.

firstgo.jpg

Quite a step up from the 250GB Maxtor IDE (40MB Read 40MB Write) was only a stop gap after a Seagate failed.

The Revo drive it's self installed and worked straight way. However, me being a twit installed the wrong version of Win7 Ultimate 64bit. (some reason I installed RC ?!?!?)

My eyes are permanently blurred blue looking at windows installation screens. Never realised how fussy that set up process can be:/

Like the instructions say need to load RevoDrive Driver went it allows you to in Set-up. Found it best to Turn off USB HDD untill that screen then turn it on refresh drvies locate and install driver and then once RevoDrive is found. Turn off USB device. Might be simpler to use a CD.
Setting up Win7 installation still a bore but the latter part was very quick.

Takes not time at all to do a windows update and install all my hardware.

Guess now its a day to day general use test. Thumbs up so far.

rbroelle

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Well to be honnest, instalation didnt go quite good, but that was because my windows xp cd rom, already had some drivers, but they werent 100% correctly.
After correct drivers, and partition alignment, i have the shown results.
On the left my normal HDD 7200RPM, on the right the RevoDrive.

normalhdd.png

Rbroelle