[SOLVED] RGB case cable unable to reach MOBO

abhishek2696hhh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018
MY RGB cable from my masterbox 5 RGB case is unable to reach my ASUS x570 gaming-E motherboard's RGB connector. Help. Is there a cable to close the gap between them?

Solution
Oddly, the simplest way to get a plain RGB Extension Cable is to buy a simple plain RGB Splitter! Example

https://www.newegg.com/p/1W7-005X-0...cm_re=RGB_splitter-_-9SIACJF8XR5029-_-Product

NOTE that this model is the FOUR-pin one - do NOT get a 3-pin Splitter for your 4-pin plain RGB system. This comes as a two-pack. Each Splitter is 1 foot long with two outputs and the pair comes with four gender changers to convert the female output ends to male outputs connectors. (In your case, OP, you would NOT need to insert the gender changer into the unused female output.) Weirdly, when I looked for just extension cables, they all come as female-to-female with NO gender changers included. I do NOT understand...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
First, make sure you are using the correct mobo plain RGB header. The case certainly appears to have fans with plain RGB lights, and NOT the Addressable RGB type of lights. Your mobo has both types of header (2 of each). The plain RGB headers are the ones with FOUR pins, not the 3-pin ones.

The case comes with a three-headed RGB Splitter cable so you can connect the lighting cables from all three supplied fans to a single mobo plain RGB header. Are you using that Splitter cable? Have you tried using both of the plain RGB headers? See your manual, p. 1-2, items #5, at top front and bottom front.

abhishek2696hhh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2018
I have tried using the cable and it only reached the addressable rgb header which only lights one fan up but does not reach the plain RGB header. In my previous mobo, it used to reach the plain header and all case fans would light up. Is there a cable that can close the gap between the plain rgb header on ky mobo to the rgb cable for my fans?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Oddly, the simplest way to get a plain RGB Extension Cable is to buy a simple plain RGB Splitter! Example

https://www.newegg.com/p/1W7-005X-0...cm_re=RGB_splitter-_-9SIACJF8XR5029-_-Product

NOTE that this model is the FOUR-pin one - do NOT get a 3-pin Splitter for your 4-pin plain RGB system. This comes as a two-pack. Each Splitter is 1 foot long with two outputs and the pair comes with four gender changers to convert the female output ends to male outputs connectors. (In your case, OP, you would NOT need to insert the gender changer into the unused female output.) Weirdly, when I looked for just extension cables, they all come as female-to-female with NO gender changers included. I do NOT understand how a company can try to sell an EXTENSION cable that does NOT provide an output connector identical to the connector of the original header!

As with all such 4-pin plain RGB cabling, each connector should have a mark on it for the 12 VDC line. Make SURE at EVERY junction point that you match up those markings.

Solution

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
This one should also work:
Micro Connectors F04-RGB01-50 50cm RGB Extension Cable (available in 30cm or 50cm)
-Compatible with 5050/3528 4-pin RGB LED strip lights
-Compatible with 4-pin RGB LED fans
-Works with 4-pin RGB or 5-pin RGBW header
-Male pins included for convenience
-Flexible PVC material for easy routing in tight spaces

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connec...on+cable&qid=1568214331&s=gateway&sr=8-2&th=1