[SOLVED] RGB Connection Issues

Jan 11, 2021
I have an NZXT 510i case, an MSI x470 gaming plus max motherboard, and recently bought a set of cooler master MF120R ARGB fans. I got the fans off facebook market place and it was missing the led controller so that I cannot change the colors of my case coolers. I have the power cords connected to my NZXT hub allowing the fans to work. The rgb cords are connected to a splitter that connects to a 5 port connector as well has a 3 pin rgb port that has a tag that says msi. The issue is that my motherboard has a 4 pin rgb header so I cannot connect it. Is there a way to get around this? Sorry if this is confusing I am new to building PCs.

Solution
I have an NZXT 510i case, an MSI x470 gaming plus max motherboard, and recently bought a set of cooler master MF120R ARGB fans. I got the fans off facebook market place and it was missing the led controller so that I cannot change the colors of my case coolers. I have the power cords connected to my NZXT hub allowing the fans to work. The rgb cords are connected to a splitter that connects to a 5 port connector as well has a 3 pin rgb port that has a tag that says msi. The issue is that my motherboard has a 4 pin rgb header so I cannot connect it. Is there a way to get around this? Sorry if this is confusing I am new to building PCs.
Don't buy junk with missing parts from facebook and actually look at what your buying.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Don't buy junk with missing parts from facebook and actually look at what your buying.

3 Pin connectors are 5 volt 4 pin are 12 volt end of story you cant use one for the other.

EDIT sorry if that came over as harsh!

EDIT AGAIN. Everybody was new to PC building at one time in their life and even a bunch of the experience builders don't know a lot about ARGB in the future if your not sure post first then buy after you get the correct information.

Last edited:
Solution