Aug 7, 2020
I am a complete beginner when it comes to building PC's and I wanted a nice colorful setup, but connecting everything to the motherboard has proven more difficult that I thought.

I have the Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB White case and my motherboard is the B550 Aorus Pro AC. While I imagine I will run into further roadblocks, my current problem is figuring out the front panel connections. Each of the front case fans have two cables coming out. I was able to connect the three, three-pin female connectors to the system fan headers on the motherboard, but I don't know what to do with the remaining cables. First of all, it seems like they are all connected to each other, so I'm not even sure where the end of it is, but I'm worried that this mobo doesn't actually have the right port.

Please help!

Solution
EXPERIENCE ARGB CONTROL ON A WHOLE NEW LEVEL
Lighting effects of the 3 included ARGB fans can be fully controlled through the C button and M button located on the top front. Switching between 8 lighting modes has never been this easy.
Note!
By plugging the fan hub’s ARGB header into the motherboard’s 3-PIN 5V addressable RGB headers, you’ll be able to synchronise the lighting effects with the motherboard software by switching the M button to the 8th mode.

Note!
If your motherboard doesn’t have any 5V addressable RGB headers, make sure to connect the SATA cable connecting the hub to the the power supply and use the C and M buttons to control the lighting effects.

Your motherboard has 2 x 4 pin headers these are 12...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
You should have a manual with the case and motherboard that tells you what everything is. Their a ton of people that think they don't need to read anything just chunk the manuals in the trash then post here and we will read it for you.

Aug 7, 2020
You should have a manual with the case and motherboard that tells you what everything is. Their a ton of people that think they don't need to read anything just chunk the manuals in the trash then post here and we will read it for you.

I assure you, I have read the manuals. I'd rather figure it out on my own than be glued to forums...if I could. Alas, I am asking for help.

Everything makes sense to me if I'm looking at the manuals. The problem is looking at the actual case, a mess of mostly unlabeled cables, and connectors that don't obviously fit anywhere (to a novice like myself).

The case manual says to attach the "mode" and "color" connectors to an addressable led header. The mobo manual says it has two addressable led strip headers...are those the same thing?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
EXPERIENCE ARGB CONTROL ON A WHOLE NEW LEVEL
Lighting effects of the 3 included ARGB fans can be fully controlled through the C button and M button located on the top front. Switching between 8 lighting modes has never been this easy.
Note!
By plugging the fan hub’s ARGB header into the motherboard’s 3-PIN 5V addressable RGB headers, you’ll be able to synchronise the lighting effects with the motherboard software by switching the M button to the 8th mode.

Note!
If your motherboard doesn’t have any 5V addressable RGB headers, make sure to connect the SATA cable connecting the hub to the the power supply and use the C and M buttons to control the lighting effects.

Your motherboard has 2 x 4 pin headers these are 12 volt and not to be used with your fans RGB, it also has 2 x 3 pin RGB headers these are 5 volt and that is what you would use for the case fans RGB.

https://basic-tutorials.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/3-Pin-RGB-Header.jpg

Or you can use the C and M buttons on the case instead, C is for color M is for mode.

Solution
Aug 7, 2020
Thank you so much Zerk2012. That helped me figure out how to read the manual more properly. I realized that there was an extra three pin rgb cable coming off the front panel that's for RGB strips, which I do not have.

BUT, I was able to hook everything else up and now it's up and running. Thank you again!

Reactions: Why_Me
Dec 1, 2022
When I first built 3 days ago, I could control my motherboard, ram and case fan rgb with either Armoury Crate or with the "C" and "M" buttons but now, I can only control the fan rgb with the buttons. The motherboard and ram rgb will not respond to the buttons. Any idea what happened? I changed nothing to the hardware.