[SOLVED] RGB not working through 2nd Lighting Node Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
I have 13 RGB fans utilizing these Corsair hubs:
Commander Pro (x1) (not using the lighting channels on it at all as it only works with lighting node pro)
Commander Core (x1)
Lighting Node Core (x2)

All fans are running but the 4 fans plugged into one of the lighting node cores are not lit. Both lighting node cores are showing up in iCue. As shown in the images the bottom 3 fans and the back fan are not lit and you can see both lighting node cores in iCue! They both say the firmware is up to date.
Any help would be appreciated as I would like them ALL to work seeing as a specifically bought all the same fans. I can't get the G.Skill RAM RGB program to work either, no idea why.
Thanks.
Parts list if you're curious: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RxZwRT

bRBtMm5.jpg

LGvTqHr.png

Lutfij

Titan
Perhaps try and work with the fans grouped, and then plug them to the node hub in succession, making sure to plug each fan one by one. Once you've found that the fans show up in iCUE, power down, shut off power and then reconnect the next fan. Continue to do so until you have all fans on the first hub connected, then proceed to do the same on the next hub.

As of the hub, mind sharing how it's tethered to the system? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? As for your rams, are you using Asus' Armory Crate App?

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
Unfortunately the hub in question is tucked behind the PSU as that was the only place I could get it to fit. I really shouldn't have used the sticky back stuff on that one I guess but I didn't like the idea of it being loose. >.< I'll have to see if I can get at the cords plugged into it. The two lighting node cores are plugged into an internal USB splitter and the splitter is plugged into one of the Commander Pro's USB ports the other port has the Commander Core plugged into it. I used the splitter because the MOBO only has 2 USB 2.0 headers and they are both taken up by case USB plugs. I did wonder if the splitter would work with the Commander Pro but since iCue sees both lighting node cores I assumed that it did. Thanks for the Armory Crate tip I hadn't checked it for the RAM, now all I have to do is buy a RGB cord to plug into the Sapphire GPU so that I can control its RGB. I was a bit irritated that it didn't just come with one!

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
I fixed it. Turns out that I had skipped the first 2 ports on the hub and apparently you can't do that! I found out by reading this really long guide post on the Corsair forums. Thanks again for the help.
qw4nv85.jpg

Reactions: a1ternat1ve
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS