Question RGB question on Corsair Carbide Spec-Delta. Fans working but no lights!!?

Andyharris84

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
Hello all ,

I recently purchased the spec-delta case and finished my first even PC build (yay!) but I am having trouble getting the RGB lights to function on the 3 pre-installed 120mm fans on the front of the case. The fans are powered up properly and spinning but there is no light being emitted. I have triple checked all the connections on the RGB splitter (arrows in line with each other) and the connections seem properly secured. The fans are connected to the SYS_FAN1, 2, 3 & 4 and the RGB splitter is connected to JRGB1 header. The RGB splitter has an arrow at the end of the connection which I believe marks the 12v pin on the header. I thought I may have connected it incorrectly so swapped it over so that the arrow was now on the right side of the header as opposed to the left, which has made no difference. I am stumped as to what to do next and can't seem to find any answers to my question online.
I believe I have set up the wiring to the MOBO correctly so maybe the fan RGB's are faulty? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My motherboard is a MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C37) (AM4) .

Many thanks

Andy

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019
Hello all ,

I recently purchased the spec-delta case and finished my first even PC build (yay!) but I am having trouble getting the RGB lights to function on the 3 pre-installed 120mm fans on the front of the case. The fans are powered up properly and spinning but there is no light being emitted. I have triple checked all the connections on the RGB splitter (arrows in line with each other) and the connections seem properly secured. The fans are connected to the SYS_FAN1, 2, 3 & 4 and the RGB splitter is connected to JRGB1 header. The RGB splitter has an arrow at the end of the connection which I believe marks the 12v pin on the header. I thought I may have connected it incorrectly so swapped it over so that the arrow was now on the right side of the header as opposed to the left, which has made no difference. I am stumped as to what to do next and can't seem to find any answers to my question online.
I believe I have set up the wiring to the MOBO correctly so maybe the fan RGB's are faulty? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My motherboard is a MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C37) (AM4) .

Many thanks

Andy
How many fans are connected to the one header?

Andyharris84

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
Hi computerjoe.

There are three 120mm fans in the front of the case which are connected to an RGB splitter, that splitter then connects as a single connection to the JRGB1 header.

Bilunapozuhajdo

Commendable
Jul 25, 2019
Hello all ,

Many thanks

Andy
This is similar to what happends to me, but it happends on the power on button in the the blue led of that power on button i have.

Andyharris84

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
Sounds silly but double check the connection on the MOBO as you can accidentally connect the cable to the header the wrong way around. If no luck try it on a different header.

If I recall correctly you also need to make sure that RGB is turned on in the BIOS. Try those steps then have a play around in MSI Dragon Centre and check the RGB settings.