Question Right-click randomly stops working with both the touchpad and a USB mouse ?

neo4evr

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi,
I bought a new ASUS Vivobook laptop. Everything works well, except that the right-click function randomly stops working for both USB mouse and touchpad. It stops working for around 5-6 seconds and then starts working again.
This issue happens randomly.
I tried to reinstall the mouse driver, but still the same problem occurs.
Do you have any clue as to why it may happen? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, it could be a 3rd party program that's interfering with the mouse.

Try a clean boot to see if the issue goes away. A clean boot is where you start your system up with ONLY Microsoft applications enabled. Then you gradually re-enable a few programs/services at a time until the issue starts again. This allows you to narrow it down to a single program.

Read the directions very carefully and be sure that you check the "Hide all Microsoft services" before you go turning things off!

bacca400

Commendable
Apr 16, 2022
Put mouse on a different USB port. The most common hardware problem I've seen in the past 15 years is USB ports going bad. My past 3 computers all had at least one USB port go bad. Sometimes a whole group of them go bad, so like the back ports won't work but the front ports will. In one instance I had to buy an addon card that added more USB ports.