Question Right TPM 2.0 module for MSI H310M Gaming PlusMSI H310M Gaming Plus motherboard

otalado

Reputable
May 17, 2018
I have the MSI H310M motherboard. Both MS PVC Health check and the tpm.msc are saying that there is no TPM module present. Checking in the BIOS, I found there are some settings for TPM but setting them doesn't change anything. Looking at motherboard specs, I found that there is 14 pins header for the TPM module on it. I also found that MSC makes two TPM modules and one of those, MS-4136, seems to be a likely candidate for this motherboard. On MSI pages, I didn't find if this module is compatible with my motherboard. It is only stated that it is compatible with MSI Intel 300 series motherboards. I am not sure what that means. If that 300 series means motherboards with names like 3xx, then that means my motherboard 310 belongs to that series? I'd like to be sure, so I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that for me, or send me a link where I can check that ...

I have the MSI H310M motherboard. Both MS PVC Health check and the tpm.msc are saying that there is no TPM module present. Checking in the BIOS, I found there are some settings for TPM but setting them doesn't change anything. Looking at motherboard specs, I found that there is 14 pins header for the TPM module on it. I also found that MSC makes two TPM modules and one of those, MS-4136, seems to be a likely candidate for this motherboard. On MSI pages, I didn't find if this module is compatible with my motherboard. It is only stated that it is compatible with MSI Intel 300 series motherboards. I am not sure what that means. If that 300 series means motherboards with names like 3xx, then that means my motherboard 310 belongs to that series? I'd like to be sure, so I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that for me, or send me a link where I can check that ...
Yes, "300 series" means MBs with 3xx chipsets.