RIM Might Not be Worth Buying, Suggests Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetto

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
80 million users and this so called analyst thinks it's not worth anything? A biased idiot more like.
Giving these people a voice does a disservice to society at large.

How many Apple stocks are in his portfolio is a better question.
Just because the valley girls have moved on to iwhatever doesn't mean industry is going to move too, the Blackberry base is still solid due to unmatched security, and will stay that way for quite some time, stock speculators abandon ship overnite so can't be trusted in anything they say.

Unless they don't own any patents in the US for their most great products, it could be the case.

Still RIM has a long experience with secure mobile systems, so that's a good thing to have in your assets. So, the thing is not if RIM is worthy or not for another company to buy. It's about the price and this analyst is playing for someone to spread the word to it's cheaper to buy. Been there, done that.

Wonder how their employees line up is. Do they still have the good old employees that gave birth to the first BB's?

Cheers!

mrmez

Splendid
Really? Do you think so?

Wow. I wanna be an analyst when i grow up.
State the obvious and get paid for it.

Ask any 12 year old "what phone do you want?" RIM is NOT the answer. Ever.
Why would you even invest in a company thats been buggering things up for the last 5 years and has no strategy to dig itself out?

Still, i agree that we need people to tell us what we already know.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
We Canucks say big f u to these analysts. RIM will come back strong. Need to make durable quality phones: one complete touch screen with 4.5" high res screen, normal bold with touch screen and a slide. And that's it. Go get them and if I have not switched to WP8 I'll def get their full touch screen phone.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Millions of consumers that have already switched to Android and iOS could have told you RIM wasn't worth buying.... ZING!

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Why would any of this matter since RIM will be out of business sometime early next year since they already shot themselves in the foot with late and outdated products. It would make sense now for RIM to get out of hardware business and just license the technology to other companies who can support it better. RIM had it's day 10 years ago when there wasn't anything close to the Blackberry. Now smartphones pretty much kicked it to the curb. Sorry RIM...your days are numbered as a hardware company.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]RIM devices will always have something the others will never have...security. Every week there's another security issue with Android coming out and iOS? yeah...ok..lol I need a device that makes good phone calls..shocking I know...is unmatched in email handling and is great for texting. I don't have time to play Angry Birds on my phone...I work for a living.[/citation]
My company uses Good for Enterprise. Encrypted partition on Android phones for securely sending/receiving emails. Next argument please...

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]Zetto[/nom]80 million users and this so called analyst thinks it's not worth anything? A biased idiot more like. Giving these people a voice does a disservice to society at large.How many Apple stocks are in his portfolio is a better question. Just because the valley girls have moved on to iwhatever doesn't mean industry is going to move too, the Blackberry base is still solid due to unmatched security, and will stay that way for quite some time, stock speculators abandon ship overnite so can't be trusted in anything they say.[/citation]
Symbian had about 500 million users at some point. BB has a good chance imo, but past performance is no quarantee of future performance.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I'd buy them for the patents alone. It's the same reason 12 years ago when Apple stock was at $2 that I said buy, buy, buy ... they made a huge come back of course, but even if they hadn't, their patnets alone made them so valuable it would be unlikely they would go BR bevfore someone offered to purchase them.

jb1007

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]RIM devices will always have something the others will never have...security. Every week there's another security issue with Android coming out and iOS? yeah...ok..lol I need a device that makes good phone calls..shocking I know...is unmatched in email handling and is great for texting. I don't have time to play Angry Birds on my phone...I work for a living.[/citation]

Well that's the problem. Your life is boring. For the rest of the billions out there who want to have fun and play birds on their phone, we don't care about blackberries. Get out and have fun, if all you do is work, you probably didn't even notice that the blackberry OS is like watching tv on a black and white tube.

G

Maybe I'll start calling myself an analyst too, make some open-ended statement entirely on my own about what "might" be true, and get quoted around the globe for my incredible finance savvy.

These analysts sure have it good.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
You forgot to phrase is as, "RIM users will forever maintain the false belief that their devices will always have something the others will never have...security."

It's simply not the case in reality (as measured by medium and large corporation implementation and support). Android and iOS use lead by a mile.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]You forgot to phrase is as, "RIM users will forever maintain the false belief that their devices will always have something the others will never have...security. "It's simply not the case in reality (as measured by medium and large corporation implementation and support). Android and iOS use lead by a mile.[/citation]

Hmmm...same thing could be said about Mac users...

slomjh2

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
RIM is dead all of corporate America who have up until recently allowed only RIM products to be used on their networks are now switching to android and iOS whole sale. I have a blackberry and will never have another for my company phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.