Rip Gaming Computer

pickol2

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
In 2013 I got a custom built computer from my dad. The parts were, MoBo - MSI gaming Z97-G45 HD - Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM SSD - PNY 120GB Video card - Radeon R7 240 CPU - Intel I7 4770K 3.5Ghz PCU - Thermaltake TR2 600W RAM - 16GB OS - Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

My computer was laggy like VERY LAGGY it ran at 10FPS for Minecraft, agar, and steam games. I checked in the task manager and it says that my CPU and memory usage is very low, less than 10%

I thought that if I replaced my graphics card with a high end one like a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 then it would be beast, BUT NO, it was still super laggy. So I decided, this card is probably defected, so I returned it to frys electronics for a, GeForce GTX 960 4GB.

But my FPS is still the same,VERY LOW. So I decided to research on how to fix it, I reinstalled the GPU's driver with DDU and got the latest driver many times. Also the HDMI cable is plugged into my GPU, and my cable connecting to my GPU IS CONNECTED PROPERLY. On many other things people have been saying that it was my crappy PCU or that my MoBo is failing.

It has been a month now and I still can't find a solution. I will be the happiest boy in the world if my computer starts getting high FPS, but that is yet to happen.

I will appreate any help, so any every comment will help. I will try responding ASAP but I have to go to sleep. Thanks for your time, Have a nice day.

Solution
Your CPU is thermal throttling. It should run less than 70C. Check to see if the CPU cooler fan is running and the cooler is properly mounted.

pickol2

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
Yeah on many sites people have told me that, also recently my dad went to frys to buy himself a 1000W Thermaltake PSU for his Power Supply, Should have went with him!

pickol2

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
Yeah I saw that on Linus Tech Tips Channel that the radeon 240 sucks

pickol2

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
Okay Thanks

Karnosiris

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014

If you have to remount the cooler be careful about it. You can screw up pretty badly. There are plenty of guides on youtube for basically every CPU cooler showing you how to mount them in detail, so find one for yours and follow it if its your first time doing this and you should be fine. It will stop you from making the typical mistakes like using waaaaaaay to much thermal paste.