Ripjaw X VS Ripjaw VS Sniper Series

jmathis1108

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
What is the difference between the three and which one is most recommended? I'm leaning towards the SNiper Series because of the LP look to them they should not cause any clutter problems on my board. Just sucks they are 20 bucks more expensive than the Ripjaws. Any advice? Thanks!

Solution
There's lots of "Ripjaw's" typically the Ripjaw vs Sniper is the frequency, voltages and CAS timings, in particular the lower voltage kits of the Sniper series. The older Ripjaw's are more LGA 1156/AMD and the newer Ripjaw X are LGA 1155/AM3+ optimized XMP for Intel only. Further, the Ripjaw Z are meant for LGA 2011.

My only 'bitch' of the Sniper series are its IMO juvenile styled 'gun' heatsink.'
There's lots of "Ripjaw's" typically the Ripjaw vs Sniper is the frequency, voltages and CAS timings, in particular the lower voltage kits of the Sniper series. The older Ripjaw's are more LGA 1156/AMD and the newer Ripjaw X are LGA 1155/AM3+ optimized XMP for Intel only. Further, the Ripjaw Z are meant for LGA 2011.

My only 'bitch' of the Sniper series are its IMO juvenile styled 'gun' heatsink.'

Solution
I prefer the 1.35v kits and use them myself. In the long term they're easier on the CPU.

edit/ DDR3L kits are dual voltage and operate at either 1.35v or 1.50v. Server's RDIMM memory has been migrating towards low voltage RAM for some period of time.