[SOLVED] Rivatuner causing stutter / freezes.

May 30, 2019
I just installed Rivatuner again on this fresh install of windows, for some reason it makes my game freeze everyone 2 second or so but when I have it turned off the game will run fine but I really need that framerate cap. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance guys!

If you're talking about just the RTSS tool that comes with MSI Afterburner, it is not likely the culprit. It's the lowest footprint FPS cap tool of it's kind, it hardly even uses any RAM. What's more likely the cause is some random 3rd party software on your system conflicting with it.

May 30, 2019
If you're talking about just the RTSS tool that comes with MSI Afterburner, it is not likely the culprit. It's the lowest footprint FPS cap tool of it's kind, it hardly even uses any RAM. What's more likely the cause is some random 3rd party software on your system conflicting with it.

I literally uninstalled the newest version and installed 7.1.0 and the pauses / stutter is gone, had a friend test it out with his computer too and the same thing happened. Hes using a 2080 and im using a 2080 TI

I literally uninstalled the newest version and installed 7.1.0 and the pauses / stutter is gone, had a friend test it out with his computer too and the same thing happened. Hes using a 2080 and im using a 2080 TI
That's not enough to verify RTSS is causing it. Overlays are sensitive to other overlays. I still think it was something else conflicting. I've been using RTSS 7.2.2 for some time with zero issues.