ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hi, I was wondering if I should prefer the white version of the Corsair Rm750x 2018 over the black that I had initially chosen mainly because the cables of white version are also white. I 've seen in some videos people buying extra cables for fancier looks and maybe quality and they were usually white. On the one side they seem more colorful and may match with rgb but on the other hand they are easily seen when black are easier to be hidden. What's your opinion? I list my specs colors below:

Case: Coolermaster H500 (iron grey)
Gpu: Gigabyte Gtx 1060 windforce oc (black with bit orange strips)
Mobo: Msi x470 gaming pro carbon (black and white edges-the pcb if I spell it right)
Cooler: Bequiet Dark rock 4 pro (dark black)
Ram: trident z rgb (black and rgb)

So, what do you suggest me?

Solution
If you like the RMx, we're back to where we started. Do you want white cables?
If so, then the ~10€ difference for White over Black probably makes sense (cheaper than a replacement cable kit or extensions).

If you just want a quality PSU, then opt for the cheaper of the two.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Ok, so it will match the other black components right? And is it worthy paying 10€ more?

Subjective. Black on white works for a lot of people. I have white sleeved cables in my (mostly) black build.

Put it this way... The H500 has a PSU shroud, so you're not going to see the white "block" of the PSU itself - you're only going to see the cables.
A white cable extension kit, or full set of replacement cables is going to cost you a heck of a lot more than 10€ so, if you were considering white cables (to accentuate RGB etc), then yes, it's definitely worth a +10€ premium*.

*However, if you've no desire for white cabling, then no, it wouldn't be.

Reactions: ioannis2015v

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
mch500_g5-zoom.png
Ok thanks. So, in my occasion I would buy only psu, no extra cables, so I am not sure again at all, wether I prefer seeing some white cables (but some black too like front panel, fans etc) or only black which fit the background. What would you choose if you had this case (Coolermaster H500).

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If it were me, I'd opt for White for some contrast -- of the options given.
Can't go wrong with either though.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't pay substantially more for an RM750X over a competing offering of equal quality (regardless of cable colours).
For example, I suspect the RM750X is around 110-120€ as it is in most regions in Europe.
Where are you located, specifically?

Perhaps something like a TX750M from Corsair is available for less?
In a lot of areas, they're 90€ or less.

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
If it were me, I'd opt for White for some contrast -- of the options given.
Can't go wrong with either though.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't pay substantially more for an RM750X over a competing offering of equal quality (regardless of cable colours).
For example, I suspect the RM750X is around 110-120€ as it is in most regions in Europe.
Where are you located, specifically?

Perhaps something like a TX750M from Corsair is available for less?
In a lot of areas, they're 90€ or less.
So, what would be worthier of these two:
-Rm750x white (2018) 120€
-Rm850x black (2018) 126€

Which one? One mostly for aesthetics, the other one more watts. I remind that in my country the Rm750x black (2018) costs 113€

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
You're overshooting your power draw, by quite a ways.
If you want a 750W class PSU, I'd look to the TX750M from Corsair - 85€

However, something like a SeaSonic Focus+ 550W would be more than sufficient - ~90€

Or, a more budget friendly option being Corsair's CX550 for ~60€
Ok, but I prefer rmx series. So the worthiest of 3 is rm750x black which is the less expensive over the white cables or 850 useless watts, right?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If so, then the ~10€ difference for White over Black probably makes sense (cheaper than a replacement cable kit or extensions).

Solution

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018

Ok, so it's worth if I need white cables over buying an extra kit. But what's worthier of these 2: rm750x white or rm850x black? I mean that is it worthier paying 5€ more for getting g more watts but not white cables? Again, I am not sure what I will buy, just trying to see other perspectives. Most probably I will stay with rm750x black which the less expensive