Question RM850x vs. RM750x, how much it really matters?

Juhku

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019
I am building a new comp, its going to look like;

Ryzen 7600x
MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk wifi
2x16 g.skill flare x5 6000Mhz/cl32
Peerless assassin 120se
Rtx 2060
Couple of 2.5 ssd.s
1x pcie 4.0 nvme 1tb
Maybe 5-6 120mm case fans

Im wondering how big of a difference there is between the two psu.s with that setup, or in the future for possible upgrades. Im pretty certain 750 is enough for that, but im a bit unclear how close it is relating the minimum wattage output and in which direction components are going in the futur, of 750w will be more than enough going into the future, price difference between these is only 15€, but i think 750w reseller would be a bit more reliable and trustworthy where as the 850w would be sold by smaller reseller

Lutfij

Titan
When you say future upgrades, that depends entirely on the devices you'll be dropping into your system down the road. I'd side with an 850W unit though I'd ask you to look into this unit;

Just an FYI, the power draw of today's GPU's went up compared to the RTX2060.

price difference between these is only 15€, but i think 750w reseller would be a bit more reliable and trustworthy where as the 850w would be sold by smaller reseller
This is where you pass on a preferred site for purchase to understand what other parts are available at your disposal.

Juhku

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019
When you say future upgrades, that depends entirely on the devices you'll be dropping into your system down the road. I'd side with an 850W unit though I'd ask you to look into this unit;

Just an FYI, the power draw of today's GPU's went up compared to the RTX2060.

price difference between these is only 15€, but i think 750w reseller would be a bit more reliable and trustworthy where as the 850w would be sold by smaller reseller
This is where you pass on a preferred site for purchase to understand what other parts are available at your disposal.
Isnt RMx series considered higher tier compared to RMe? If my memory serves me right i think x series has 10y warranty and E maybe 7(?)

Also i think x series uses japanese condensators which think have better reputation, i think E used taiwanese(?)

Isnt RMx series considered higher tier compared to RMe? If my memory serves me right i think x series has 10y warranty and E maybe 7(?)

Also i think x series uses japanese condensators which think have better reputation, i think E used taiwanese(?)
The difference is more than that. RMe has a totally different platform from a different OEM and lower quality fan with an annoying fannoise. I see a lot of users complain about it.

Juhku

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019

How do they fare in quality front compared to rmx series? Msi is around 140€ and another option would be be quiet pure power 12 m which would be 125€, thoughts on that?

Juhku

Reputable
Nov 13, 2019
RMx series is a PCIe 3.0 compliant PSU, you just have to get the 12VHPWR Type 4 cable from Corsair or Cablemod.
But what i found out that pcie 3 0 has some other positive features as well, like they are more resistant to situations where system suddenly needs more power so it can handle those spikes better and other smaller things, are these present in rmx too?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
But what i found out that pcie 3 0 has some other positive features as well, like they are more resistant to situations where system suddenly needs more power so it can handle those spikes better and other smaller things, are these present in rmx too?

More or less, RMx was often recommended as a PSU to use with the power hungry 30 and 40 series. I've not had problems with even my quite old one.