[SOLVED] RMA parts in prebuilt PC

Nov 9, 2019
Hello!

I want to RMA a component in a prebuilt PC, do i have to email to the company that built my pc or can i just RMA and replace it myself?

Solution
Hello!

I want to RMA a component in a prebuilt PC, do i have to email to the company that built my pc or can i just RMA and replace it myself?

The PC company. You don't have a warranty with the manufacturers of the parts themselves. If you're past the warranty period from the company that built your PC, the only thing you can do is request an RMA from the manufacturer, but whether they honor it depends on how nice they feel; they're under no obligation to do anything.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hello!

The PC company. You don't have a warranty with the manufacturers of the parts themselves. If you're past the warranty period from the company that built your PC, the only thing you can do is request an RMA from the manufacturer, but whether they honor it depends on how nice they feel; they're under no obligation to do anything.

Solution