Apr 27, 2020
Hello group.

I recently reformatted a Macbook Pro Mac OS X Lion and i tried to download the game called Roblox for my daughter. I tried different browsers; Torch, Firefox, Internet explorer, google chrome and even Safari.

None of them worked. I checked the version of the Macbook Pro and it seems to be compatible with the game.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Apr 27, 2020
I failed to boot from my external hard drive with another newer OS as I did all the processes on windows 7, so i loaded the old OS that was in the PC...

Apr 27, 2020
Can someone please send me an easy and understandable video and link to download a new OS that came after Lion? The latest the better. I have a 2TB hard drive that i am willing to re-format to load a Mac OS on my daughter's Macbook Pro.

Apparently it only works if you use the Apple way of doing it, if you burn it the Windows way it will not work. That is so weird.

I want to re-format the pc so that my daughter can play roblox on her computer.

Last edited:

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Can someone please send me an easy and understandable video and link to download a new OS that came after Lion? The latest the better. I have a 2TB hard drive that i am willing to re-format to load a Mac OS on my daughter's Macbook Pro.

Apparently it only works if you use the Apple way of doing it, if you burn it the Windows way it will not work. That is so weird.

I want to re-format the pc so that my daughter can play roblox on her computer.
Do it in recovery mode. I highly recommend for you to do a Time Machine backup before downloading the OS. If you need help with that, reply to this message... Otherwise...
View: https://youtu.be/oOCuiHvb6Q4?t=70

Reactions: fegsdc
Apr 27, 2020
Hey, what is the time machine backup for? I only have 1 Mac computer I can use at once and only one external hard drive I can use at once....There is nothing on the Macbook Pro which is useful my daughter only used it for 3 or 4 days....

Is the MacOs Sierra the only version my Macbook Pro will accept or are there newer versions available?

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Hey, what is the time machine backup for? I only have 1 Mac computer I can use at once and only one external hard drive I can use at once....There is nothing on the Macbook Pro which is useful my daughter only used it for 3 or 4 days....
Well you didn't specify if there was something you needed on the Mac... Just follow the video you don't need to do a backup.

xVFallen_KingVx

Reputable
Oct 19, 2019

Is the MacOs Sierra the only version my Macbook Pro will accept or are there newer versions available?
Can you give us an update? Did everything go well?

Apr 27, 2020
Can you give us an update? Did everything go well?

Hey, the video was helpful but it's not exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for details on like how to download and install another Mac OS on my old Mac OS Lion X using an external hard drive and how to format it on mac and how to use it etc......I got some feedback from the apple site but I thought it was a bit confusing or diffucult this is why I asked for your help....Also I don't know what format the OS will download from the Apple site, on my windows 7 it downloaded as a .dmg file but they are saying it is another format so I am confused....

I have not tried it yet as I've been busy these days but soon I will try to fix my external hard drive first so I can use it on the Macbook Pro to load a new OS (Sierra is the latest it supports apparently)....I will keep you updated.