lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Official comments from the Nvidia CEO:

"Huang also made the interesting claim that although his company has recently experienced a loss of market share (Nvidia has traditionally sold the most graphics cards, from its entire product line, of any manufacturer), this loss was due not to competition from ATI, but rather, to competition from Intel's integrated graphics."

HardOCP's parting comment:

"The message is clear. One nDriver a year and ATI makes no impact. I think NVIDIA is the one smoking the hallucinogens this week. Who knew NVIDIA would be doing standup?"

MAAA HAA HAA HAA

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

dhlucke

Polypheme
LOL. What a horrible spin. You'd think they could come up with a better excuss than that.

sargeduck

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002
Read the whole article<A HREF="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/news/news_6077157.html" target="_new"> here </A>. The entire Nvidia team is smoking crack. Everyone of their comments can be picked apart, but I'm not going to bother. Too much writing.
The company's current line of cards based on the GeForce FX architecture (which is included in the GeForce FX 5800 and 5900 series), attempts to maximize high-end graphics performance by supporting both 16-bit and 32-bit per-color-channel shaders--most DirectX 9-based games use a combination of 16-bit and 32-bit calculations, since the former provides speed at the cost of inflexibility, while the latter provides a greater level of programming control at the cost of processing cycles.
This part cracks me up. Didn't John Carmack say something about Doom 3 having to run in 12 bit mode? or was that HL2. I would like to see on game where Nvidia runs their card with 32 bit.

Is there anything really more to say?

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
damn it!

FLAME!!! where's MOJO?? DID HE RAN OFF TO NVIDIA AGAIN?!?!?!?!

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
bring it fanATics~~ nVidia PWNS all!
SCREW aBOX! LONG LIVE nBOX!!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
well what happened to nVidia then???? hmmm
well with mojo in ATi nVidia will still crush them :D:D:D:D

kill mojo! kill!

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
bring it fanATics~~ nVidia PWNS all!
SCREW aBOX! LONG LIVE nBOX!!

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
ATI has contracts with MS's Xbox 2 or what ever they wanna call it now doen't it?

and i think PSx(3)...i know one of them for sure anyhow... and nVidia has no one paying their R&D like MS was now...

ASUS P4S8X - P4 2.4B - 2 x 512M DDR333 - ATI 9500 Pro(Sapphire) - WD 80G HD (8M Buffer) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW - Iomega Zip 250 int.

Ion

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Geez, i was just point out to sargeduck that D3 and HL2 has 12bit codes in them.

Guess i need include full details next time to please some people...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL yeah!
When i read that the only thought going thru my mind was

"I wanna smoke/snort whatever they are using!"

I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
Regards,

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
no idea... dunno whats going on with doom3.
And whats this rumor that the framerate is gonna be capped at 60?

60 is good for most things, but not frenetic activity, and how does that fit in to CRT's with high refresh rates and Vsynch?

I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
Regards,

Ion

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
5200/5600 in its current state cant run in DX9 mode due to its slow shader speed.

As for 5900 to get playable frame rate in D3 and HL2, the developers use a mix of 12/16/32 fp codes.

PS. i dunno if FX cards still use 12bit codes under forceware driver.