Roundup: All The GTX 980 Ti Cards Currently Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGPWR

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
The 980 TI is definitely one sweet card but so expensive. My 2 R9-290's will run circles around one of these and I got them both for 500$. Nvidia's just two pricey but they are nice.

thing is the NVidia card supports more os's and hardware out of the box then the 290's does .. the new amd cards [300] seem right now only supports 7 and 8.1 64bit according to amd's driver footnotes ..

so do I want a card that limits me or one that still supports me and all I got running ??? i'll take the latter [opinion]

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Is there a typo with the specs provided for the eVGA GTX 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ or the eVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ ?

Both are listed with the exact same specs but there is a $10 price premium. If not a typo, does anyone have any other info on a difference between them such as power or whatnot?

I don't think anyone wants to argue against your opinion. Surely, you must understand that by using your PC in this way, that you are not a mainstream user and that you should expect these sorts of inconveniences when you are off the beaten path.

''expect these sorts of inconveniences '' for that kinda of money I expect no inconvenience. mainstream or not .. and what do you mean ''using my computer in what way ?? how many ways can I use it ??? [lol] bottom line is why abandon all I got going over a card that cant do it all when theres one that can for the same money and performance < or > so your saying I need to chunk all my harddrives .hardware and programs away over a card that cant support them ?? or go and buy extra stuff that inflates the price in the hopes it will all work ?? [some adaptor-a monitor -cords - ]

ya that makes good sense... nvidia just got more users covered and supported

In that you are still running an EoL operating system and crying foul when hardware vendors finally move on. Only you are saying that you would consider abandoning your rig for this card. I don't think anyone would ever consider making such a rash decision over hardware they don't even own. They aren't Big Cable. They have a competitor, one in which you seem to be most happy with so why all the hub-bub?

D

Deleted member 217926

Is there a typo with the specs provided for the eVGA GTX 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ or the eVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ ?

Both are listed with the exact same specs but there is a $10 price premium. If not a typo, does anyone have any other info on a difference between them such as power or whatnot?

That $10 premium includes a backplate.

Gordon X

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015
so sick of all the pretty pics which show the bottom of cards . show us the DULL boring side we get to look at thru out pc window ......

op8

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
the overclock on the Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! EXTREME is insane. Looking forward to seeing some benchmarks.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I'd like Tom's Hardware to do an investigation into the effects of performance-binning. All these manufacturers use performance binning to separate out the best overlocking chips and put them into their more expensive pre-overlocked SKUs. I suspect buyers looking for a reference design should probably just get one from a manufacturer that doesn't offer more expensive pre-overlocked models. Just make sure to use off-the-shelf models instead of cherry picked review models.

Status
Not open for further replies.