Question Router restarting since I upgraded my net (logs included)

Kdingdong

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
Hey, I recently got an upgrade from ADSL to VDSL and got a new router from my ISP. Ever since I have having this issue that the router restarts itself. All the lights turn off, the power light goes red, stays that way and then turns green and other lights start to light up.

I have noticed a pattern which can be a mere coincidence. This mostly happens when more devices (7-8) are connected at night and mostly when I am watching something in high quality etc. Works fine during the day when there are less number of devices connected. I have 2 log files from earlier when it restarted twice with in a few minutes. I am not sure how to make sense out of the log files so I will post them here first log file and second log file. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
Hey, I recently got an upgrade from ADSL to VDSL and got a new router from my ISP. Ever since I have having this issue that the router restarts itself. All the lights turn off, the power light goes red, stays that way and then turns green and other lights start to light up.

I have noticed a pattern which can be a mere coincidence. This mostly happens when more devices (7-8) are connected at night and mostly when I am watching something in high quality etc. Works fine during the day when there are less number of devices connected. I have 2 log files from earlier when it restarted twice with in a few minutes. I am not sure how to make sense out of the log files so I will post them here first log file and second log file. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Since all the lights go off, it sounds like it is rebooting. It could be overheating. Have you tried pointing a fan at the unit?

Kdingdong

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
Since all the lights go off, it sounds like it is rebooting. It could be overheating. Have you tried pointing a fan at the unit?
The plastic does get hot to the touch but there is a ceiling fan right above the router. Do the logs not indicate any such issues like overheating or any other hardware issue?

Kdingdong

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
so again I just started watching a YT video on my phone and it rebooted twice within 5 mins of video then I switched to pc to complete the video and no reboots in the remaining 20 mins.

TRENDING THREADS