[SOLVED] Routers

Mar 5, 2021
Hello
This is my first post and not an expert in the field but not a dummy either. I currently live on warzone and my NAT type has been strict for a while, really bugging me. Ive tried the videos on port forwarding, firewalls off making new rules a lot of things, with no change. I have an Asus RT-AC5300 router with my own surfboard modem, i recently purchase a netduma router which is coming today. Can anyone help me open warzone NAT type without disturbing everything else in my house and 2 could i use the Asus router for my house and Netduma for just my gaming PC?

Solution
A DMZ setting would most likely expose your whole machine to Internet. Everything that is not configuerd to use specific ports in the router using portforwarding to an other local LAN IP will be forwarded to the DMZ IP machine. It's like you put the machine directly on Internet without anything inbetween. That's why it's "easy". More like "quick and dirty". If the game use a public server you don't need portforwarding. If you have configured portforwarding in the router that cold interfere
Why do you want 2 routers. You only get a 1 IP address from your ISP so you have to place one router behind the other. There is almost no reason to do that. Running 2 routers will actually make the NAT problems much worse.

Generally if you can't make it work with port forwarding it means you do not have a public IP address. You could try the DMZ option since that is simpler to setup than port forwarding. But the first thing I would check is that the IP assigned to your WAN IP is the same as you see on sites like whatsmyip

Mar 5, 2021
Why do you want 2 routers. You only get a 1 IP address from your ISP so you have to place one router behind the other. There is almost no reason to do that. Running 2 routers will actually make the NAT problems much worse.

Generally if you can't make it work with port forwarding it means you do not have a public IP address. You could try the DMZ option since that is simpler to setup than port forwarding. But the first thing I would check is that the IP assigned to your WAN IP is the same as you see on sites like whatsmyip
Ive had the NAT type open before but not sure what i did i have good equipment highest offered internet speed i just want to have seamless gameplay. Maybe i did port forwarding wrong if youd like to help me troubleshoot ill start everything all over

The asus routers is pretty easy. Just use the DMZ option and put in the IP address of your game machine. If that works you could then work on the port forwarding rules.

If you are talking about the new call of duty game it does not use peer to peer it should work with no port forwarding.

Mar 5, 2021
The asus routers is pretty easy. Just use the DMZ option and put in the IP address of your game machine. If that works you could then work on the port forwarding rules.

If you are talking about the new call of duty game it does not use peer to peer it should work with no port forwarding.
Do you think you could run me thru the setup?
The game is Warzone came out around last march not Cold WAr

you mean call of duty-warzone or some other game. Call of duty uses central servers you do not need to port forward.

In any case it is in the same place as the port forwarding tab . Just pick the DMZ option instead Enable it and type in the ip of your machine. it is trivial.

Jan 27, 2021
A DMZ setting would most likely expose your whole machine to Internet. Everything that is not configuerd to use specific ports in the router using portforwarding to an other local LAN IP will be forwarded to the DMZ IP machine. It's like you put the machine directly on Internet without anything inbetween. That's why it's "easy". More like "quick and dirty". If the game use a public server you don't need portforwarding. If you have configured portforwarding in the router that cold interfere

Solution
Mar 5, 2021
It is a good way to make it work until you can figure out the port forward.

What is your problem with warzone. What errors are you getting.
I dont get errors i get NAT type strict and packet loss i believe within the game, theres like 3 little squares with different colors red yellow orange on the left side of the screen as im playing that are pretty much always there, but packet loss monitor on too of my screen says 0% packet loss, my screen feels like i go down quick and takes me longer to get a kill, if that makes sense? I feel like what im seeing is delayed on what is actually happening

Mar 5, 2021
Thank you im pretty sure its firewall related as to i just bought a netduma R2 router and NAT type is now open, i had to of been doing something wrong because no matter what i did i couldnt break strict, My PC is primarily just gaming only online browsing i do is manufacturers websites for software updates

TRENDING THREADS