[SOLVED] RTSS suddenly not showing on desktop anymore, why ?

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Hello people. Literally a few seconds ago I had my OSD visible on desktop, and now it won't show again. Ever. Tried remapping toggle button, tried reinstalling MSI Afterburner, restarting PC quite a few times NOTHING is bringing the OSD back on the screen on desktop. When I was setting up the software first time there was something on google, but now there is not a page with desktop as screen instead of as a tower PC. Does anyone have any idea how to turn back on OSD on desktop screen? Thank you.

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
When you go into Program Files do you see the Riva Tuner statistics server file?

C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\SDK\Tools\DesktopOverlayHost\Release
In there there is DesktopOverlayHost.exe file which I ran and set up to see on desktop. But that is not how it was before. Until now I didn't have to do any specific settings, and also, toggle function no longer works, toggle is not same as "turn off" and I need another button for "turn on" OSD. That is broken now as well.

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Ok so if you go to windows menu, click on Rtts file, right click on purple RTTS tab, box will open, click on more, then click on pin to taskbar. Does this help?
I'll be honest, I didn't understand what you just said, BUT (!) I uninstalled both Afterburner and RTSS without keeping config files (like when updating to newer version), and installed cleanly with everything set to default - works like a charm again. So I guess THANKS for sending the Guru link for RTSS, a CLEAN installation got the job done.

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
I'll be honest, I didn't understand what you just said, BUT (!) I uninstalled both Afterburner and RTSS without keeping config files (like when updating to newer version), and installed cleanly with everything set to default - works like a charm again. So I guess THANKS for sending the Guru link for RTSS, a CLEAN installation got the job done.
and now it doesn't work again....clean OS it is, no other way, everything is f****d

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Sorry to hear that.:(
Hey, thank You for your time writing comments, I appreciate your will to help, but my PC is beyond repair because after reboot everything goes back to broken. I fix everything, everything is fine again, I reboot and it's gone to s**t again. And I can't keep the PC on forever, nor can I bother with all the fixes every day on PC startup. It is time for a new start and a loooong day of installing all programs and setting up all little things in the system until it is back to how it is supposed to be now - but actually working again.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Hey, thank You for your time writing comments, I appreciate your will to help, but my PC is beyond repair because after reboot everything goes back to broken. I fix everything, everything is fine again, I reboot and it's gone to s**t again. And I can't keep the PC on forever, nor can I bother with all the fixes every day on PC startup. It is time for a new start and a loooong day of installing all programs and setting up all little things in the system until it is back to how it is supposed to be now - but actually working again.
Sometimes that is the only thing that helps. Fingers crossed.🤞