Nov 2, 2020
my fps is lower than expected from this GPU, like in valorant my fps is only ranging from 100 - 120, and sometimes it drops to 80 - 90 fps.

MY RIG :
GeForce RTX 2060
Driver Version 457.09
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics
16gb RAM
1920x1080 , 144hz (Display Port)

(its a free sync monitor)
G - sync: ON
V - sync: OFF

can someone help me? thanks in advance !

Solution
can someone help me what is wrong with this kind of setup and what should I do or change to maximize the capability of my GPU? Thanks in advance

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
MOBO : A320M PRO-M2 V2
RAM : 16 GB (Single) 1066 MHz DDR4
GPU : ASUS TUF RTX 2060 OC 6gb
Well that RAM would be my first thing I upgrade. RYZEN definitely benefits from fast RAM and dual channel is just known to be way better.

as for your 3400G:

Go to Device Manager under "Display" and make sure both or your GPUs are recognized and showing as working correctly. If it is, Disable the Integrated Graphics Driver but don't uninstall it and make sure the 2060 is enabled. Now see if your 2060 is the Main Display GPU.

Also i recommend making sure your...
my fps is lower than expected from this GPU, like in valorant my fps is only ranging from 100 - 120, and sometimes it drops to 80 - 90 fps.

MY RIG :
GeForce RTX 2060
Driver Version 457.09
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics
16gb RAM
1920x1080 , 144hz (Display Port)

(its a free sync monitor)
G - sync: ON
V - sync: OFF

can someone help me? thanks in advance !

I really don't get why people start these threads complaining about 'low fps' when you are talking about minimums of 80...?

In all likelihood the issue is the Ryzen 5 3400G, that cpu isn't great for driving a discrete gpu at high frame rates (it only has a PCIe x8 interface instead of x16 offered on a standard Ryzen CPU, and is also based on the older Zen+ core rather than the faster Zen2 core found in the Ryzen 3000 cpu's without integrated graphics).

I've seen a few threads about Valorant specifically not running that fast on AMD cpu's. That said, 80+ fps doesn't exactly sound unplayable to me, and you have G-sync to sync up the gpu and screen so is it that much of a problem?

Reactions: rednall
Nov 2, 2020
I really don't get why people start these threads complaining about 'low fps' when you are talking about minimums of 80...?

In all likelihood the issue is the Ryzen 5 3400G, that cpu isn't great for driving a discrete gpu at high frame rates (it only has a PCIe x8 interface instead of x16 offered on a standard Ryzen CPU, and is also based on the older Zen+ core rather than the faster Zen2 core found in the Ryzen 3000 cpu's without integrated graphics).

I've seen a few threads about Valorant specifically not running that fast on AMD cpu's. That said, 80+ fps doesn't exactly sound unplayable to me, and you have G-sync to sync up the gpu and screen so is it that much of a problem?

I saw some present reviews about 3400g with RTX 2060 and they can run valorant from 180 - 200 fps. 80+ fps is playable to me but sometimes it really drops lower than that.

I saw some present reviews about 3400g with RTX 2060 and they can run valorant from 180 - 200 fps. 80+ fps is playable to me but sometimes it really drops lower than that.

I've had a quick look, quite a few vids showing the 3400G running Valorant on the integrated graphics at 1080p low over 100 fps... are you sure it's running on the 2060 and not on the integrated Vega 11?

Nov 2, 2020
can someone help me what is wrong with this kind of setup and what should I do or change to maximize the capability of my GPU? Thanks in advance

Nov 9, 2020

Well that RAM would be my first thing I upgrade. RYZEN definitely benefits from fast RAM and dual channel is just known to be way better.

as for your 3400G:

Go to Device Manager under "Display" and make sure both or your GPUs are recognized and showing as working correctly. If it is, Disable the Integrated Graphics Driver but don't uninstall it and make sure the 2060 is enabled. Now see if your 2060 is the Main Display GPU.

Also i recommend making sure your motherboard BIOS drivers are up-to-date. I use to have a 3200G and had a significant performance bump when i upgraded my BIOS drivers.

Make sure you have your graphics card in the PCIe slot closest to the CPU. You want the GPU in the slot with the most PCIe lanes.

Reactions: rednall and cdrkf
Solution