Question RTX 2060 SUPER performance issue in PCI-x16 slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

barishizarcii

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
tried putting the card in pci-x4 slot and it's running well now. i thought the mobo had an issue but i have spare GTX 1060 so i tried it in both pci slots and no performance issues whatsoever, benchmark results are the same. anyone knows anything about this? p.s. this issue started when i replaced my 4770 to 4790k.

specs:

+80 650 watt cooler master
nvidia rtx 2060 super ventus oc gp
i7 4790k
kingston ssdnow300v
kingston savage 2400 mhz ddr3
msi z87-g43 motherboard

i ran diagnostic tools for cpu and ram so no problem there

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Okay, your GPU is too new for the system, or your motherboard is broken, enjoy. I can't really test those things for you. Could be you've always had a problem, but it didn't effect the GTX1060 that much.

You could fire up GPU-Z with the card installed in the x16 slot and confirm if it ever reaches x16 3.0 under load.

Could be that you've installed enough things that you don't have all PCIe lanes from the CPU available.

You didn't actually list a motherboard, so I am making an assumption that it is a decent one and not a cheap OEM with only an 35W 8x slot.

Reactions: barishizarcii

barishizarcii

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
Okay, your GPU is too new for the system, or your motherboard is broken, enjoy. I can't really test those things for you. Could be you've always had a problem, but it didn't effect the GTX1060 that much.

You could fire up GPU-Z with the card installed in the x16 slot and confirm if it ever reaches x16 3.0 under load.

Could be that you've installed enough things that you don't have all PCIe lanes from the CPU available.

You didn't actually list a motherboard, so I am making an assumption that it is a decent one and not a cheap OEM with only an 35W 8x slot.

sorry, my mobo is compatible with rtx 2060. msi z87 g43. i already checked it says it's running in x16 3.0. how to check if my card reaches x16 3.0 under load?

barishizarcii

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018

https://prnt.sc/q2wwox gpu-z

https://prnt.sc/q2wxis mobo

barishizarcii

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018

my mobo supports pci x 16 3.0

gtx 1060 supports 3.0 its fine in both slots

rtx 2060 super supports 3.0 but faulty in x16 3.0
runs well in x4 2.0

i think my new graphic card has a problem :)

barishizarcii

Prominent
Dec 18, 2018
Re-seat the CPU. Might be a slightly bad connection. About all I can think of.

Update the motherboard BIOS if you haven't.

i've tried reseating also i replaced it with my old 4770. it has no issue with i7 4770 in pci-x16 slot

just with i7 4790k. i ran diagnostic tools for i7 4790k no problem??? wtf is this problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.