Question RTX 2060 Underperforming in games but not in benchmarks? [HELP]

Feb 13, 2021
Hey guys, so I built my PC a few weeks ago and its been great, however I have noticed that my PC is underperforming in games but not in benchmarks?

Heres my UserBenchmark:

It shows all my PC specs and it shows that everything is overperforming, including my ASUS RTX 2060 TUF OC in the 99th percentile. Its overclocked at +220 core clock and +1000 memory clock. However in the games i've played like gta 5, witcher 3 and AC odyssey i've noticed I dont get as many fps as people with the same specs posting on youtube.
For example, in AC Odyssey I get 44ps average on Ultra Settings as seen here. I've done this benchmark multiple times and it is always around that. But in multiple benchmarks of the same specs on youtube, they get above 60fps average, seen here and here and even a <Mod Edit> laptop is outperforming me?

WHY!?!?!

Also at no point did my GPU throttle, it was always below 75c when my max temp is 87c, so it cant be due to heating issues.

I dont think its my overclock because i've tried default settings and less agressive overclocks and only get worse results. The only thing I can think of is maybe its something to do with dx11? Because that isnt tested in userbenchmark, only dx9 and dx10 are tested in userbenchmark, and AC Odyssey uses dx11 or dx12 (not sure), same with gta 5 and the witcher 3.

Another Idea I had is maybe the NVIDIA Driver updates are somehow worse performance wise in comparison to the drivers used in the videos? Im currently on the latest NVIDIA drivers, 461.40.
Since I just built my pc im obviously new to the scene and I would like some advice from more experienced people. Thanks guys! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 13, 2021
in your picture gpu and cpu are pretty nicely in sync
do u experience low gpu usage? if yes then gpu oc might not help, check your cpu boost during gaming, maybe some cpu overclocking (as long cpu is not overheating)

Its in sync but the frametimes are higher in comparison to other people running the same specs, leading to lower fps. As far as i know, you cant overclock an i5-10400f so i really dont get how their framerates are so much higher than mine, even when my gpu is overclocked. This is the problem i've been trying to figure out for days.