[SOLVED] RTX 2070 Max Q vs Quadro T1000. Help!

Dec 29, 2020
Hello, I am ignorant to this topic so I am hoping for some advice. I am currently working on 3D modeling in Rhino 3D along with some rendering. I also video edit in After Effects. Nothing to heavy.

I am torn on the necessary graphics card needed for these applications. I have been told Quadro is the way to go.

Currently I am in between purchasing a laptop with an RTX 2070 Max Q and 16 Ram vs a laptop with Quadro T1000 and 16 Ram. Will these two cards produce different results for my intended purposes stated above? 3D modeling with some heavy Boolean work at times along with light After Effects video editing / light Photoshop image editing.

Not to throw a wrench into things but would the Quadro P520 be much worse then the T1000?

One caveat, I’ve read the Quadro T1000 can be finicky with Adobe Premiere. Any insight into this?

I greatly appreciate the help.

Solution
Quadro T1000 is a very small GPU. While it might have driver support for some more advanced workstation tasks, not sure that would make up the gap to a 2070. From what I am seeing of Rhino, you should go for the 2070.

768 Cuda cores, 4GB VRAM
vs
2304 Cuda cores, 8GB VRAM

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Quadro T1000 is a very small GPU. While it might have driver support for some more advanced workstation tasks, not sure that would make up the gap to a 2070. From what I am seeing of Rhino, you should go for the 2070.

768 Cuda cores, 4GB VRAM
vs
2304 Cuda cores, 8GB VRAM

Solution