RTX 2070 OC Major FPS decrease

Jan 17, 2019
Hello,

Ive recently bought a RTX 2070 i think its Underperforming maybe because of a CPU Bottleneck.
Im not getting as much FPS as i should be in Games like Rainbow six Siege. (atleast i think so)
I Formatted my PC Reinstalled Windows then Installed the Grapics Card.
Also Important im Playing on 144HZ which makes especially on FPS demanding games Like Rainbow Six. Where the FPS Drops below 144 Hz make a huge decrease of Reaction time.

My PC:

i5 4670k @ 4.0Ghz (Running Perfect and Cool)
MSI Armor RTX 2070 OC
Gigabyte Z97P-D3
16GB Corsair Vegenance
600Watt Powersupply 80+ Bronze

Everything runs Cool with the Grapicscard Running at (67°C At Full Use)
CPU ( Around 59°C)

Rainbow Six Benchmark
AVG Overall 194 FPS (Everything Maxed out no Ultra Grahpics Pack)
AVG Online Multiplayer 120FPS (Everything at Medium) (FPS don't Change if put up to Ultra or Put to the Lowest)

GTA V
Online (Everything Maxed out 4xMSAA)
AVG 65 FPS
Singleplayer (Same as Above)
AVG 90 FPS

Rocketleague (Again Everything Maxed no Bloom)
AVG 270 FPS

PUBG
AVG 40-50 FPS (Graphics settings don't make any Difference if put to Lowest or to highest)
Tested on every Single Map FPS dont Change Between Maps.

SQUAD
AVG 70 FPS (Depends on the MAP Town map around 45 FPS)
Everything maxed out no Supersampling enabled.

Solution
The 2070 is very powerful and it will probably be bottlenecked by the i5 in any game unless you play at 1440p or higher resolutions. Anyways, R6S is very well optimized for the CPU and that's why the i5 is delivering great (although not reaching 144FPS when online), but on the other hand GTA V is very CPU demanding and there is definitely a bottleneck (at 1080p).

You can get a 6700k/7700k for your MoBo and even at stock speeds you will notice a good performance improvement. Even better when overclocking. If you can get any of them delidded from eBay or somewhere, you will get much lower temps and then reach better overclocks and/or slower, more silent CPU fans.

Phazoner

Distinguished
The 2070 is very powerful and it will probably be bottlenecked by the i5 in any game unless you play at 1440p or higher resolutions. Anyways, R6S is very well optimized for the CPU and that's why the i5 is delivering great (although not reaching 144FPS when online), but on the other hand GTA V is very CPU demanding and there is definitely a bottleneck (at 1080p).

You can get a 6700k/7700k for your MoBo and even at stock speeds you will notice a good performance improvement. Even better when overclocking. If you can get any of them delidded from eBay or somewhere, you will get much lower temps and then reach better overclocks and/or slower, more silent CPU fans.

Solution