Feb 10, 2020
Spec list:
NZXT h510 case
Ryzen 7 3700X
Asus tuf X570-plus motherboard
EVGA 850w psu
Samsung evo ssd 250GB
WD blue 1TB harddrive

Okay so I was upgrading from MSI 1080 Aero since it was blower style type card I was getting tired of the temperature issue so I decided to look around into the GPU market and decided on a MSI rtx 2070 super gaming x so before buying the 2070 i sold my 1080 to buy the 2070 . Before selling the 1080 I had tested it to make sure it works fine and well on the system with the specs I listed and it booted up just fine. I sold the 1080 and the 2070 came in, I plugged my 2070 into the system then connecting the displayport. Turns on system and the gpu led and fans turn on while the motherboard cycles through led debug lights eventually getting to the VGA light staying white but proceeds to green light just fine so at this point the white vga light stays on and no signal appears on the monitor not even showing the bios prompt screen. So I switched to hdmi. Didn't work. Switched PCie slots. Didn't work either so I had assumed the card was DOA since my 1080 worked perfectly fine. Spoke to Amazon and got a replacement of the same card. Put the card into the system no new results. Also I do want to point out I've had the board and cpu for about 3 months and so there should be no problem. So I returned the card and is currently waiting for a asus rog strix 2070 hoping an entirely different card would make a difference. But my concern is what could possibly be the problem? I've done extensive research and done everything I could but nothing works. Do I have to replace my motherboard if this card that is coming doesn't work? I can't even update my bios because absolutely nothing appears onto the monitor. So what could possibly be the problem? I didn't uninstall my 1080 drivers but from what I read that shouldn't be an issue. So please help I'm getting tired of sitting down for countless hours trying to find a solution. So someone please help.

Solution
When the next gpu arrives, check power cables including psu side are connected properly, also check DP connections to monitor. Check pcie slot for debris and the card is being seated properly.

Drivers won't be an issue as you're aware, not during post as driver isn't being initiated yet.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
When the next gpu arrives, check power cables including psu side are connected properly, also check DP connections to monitor. Check pcie slot for debris and the card is being seated properly.

Drivers won't be an issue as you're aware, not during post as driver isn't being initiated yet.

Solution