[SOLVED] RTX 2070 super NVLink vs Rtx 2080 ti

Jun 18, 2019
So I was looking to finally upgrade my pc, I was looking at prices with the 2070 super and 2080 ti and wondered what if you ran 2 2070 super vs one 2080 ti. As prices are similar, I also run two custom loops for my cpu and gpu so I would continue to do so with the new potential setup overclocked as hard as I could. I’m asking if anyone has benchmark results for the 2070 super overclocked. I had a brief scan online but didn’t find much. I don’t have any experience with NVLink so I have no idea wether it’s a viable option but if anyone does know and has thoughts please let me know

Solution
IMO, going for a SINGLE powerful GPU might be a much better and feasible option, at least in my opinion. But go through this link/review:

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9047/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-nvlink-benchmarked/index.html

These are the author's Final thoughts from the above article:

I don't think I'd recommend buying two RTX 2070 SUPER graphics cards for gaming these days unless you are aware of their issues in some games, and no multi-GPU support in many games and/or 100% scaling so that you fully benefit from buying the second graphics card.
IMO, going for a SINGLE powerful GPU might be a much better and feasible option, at least in my opinion. But go through this link/review:

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9047/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-nvlink-benchmarked/index.html

These are the author's Final thoughts from the above article:

I don't think I'd recommend buying two RTX 2070 SUPER graphics cards for gaming these days unless you are aware of their issues in some games, and no multi-GPU support in many games and/or 100% scaling so that you fully benefit from buying the second graphics card.

Solution
Jun 18, 2019
Yeah I was most likely going to go for one gpu but it was just a wild thought that popped into my head as 2 2070 supers are cheaper than 1 2080ti, I did only just realise the costs of a second waterblock once one is made would probably cost more overall. But thanks anyway, article was helpful too

Reactions: Metal Messiah.