Question RTX 2080 SUPER corrupting graphics?

Jun 21, 2020
Recently got a fresh new PC, built off of a Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core processor, an RTX 2080 Super and 32 gigs of ram.
While playing minecraft (with or without shaders) the game occasionally freezes for a few secs and then the textures completely corrupt. Usually, a restart or a resource pack reload fixes it briefly, but it's bound to happen again within a dozen minutes. I did NOT run into this issue in my old 1060 6gb, i7 7700K 16gig ram rig at all...
This is what it looks like https://streamable.com/jy0g70
Some other games i play also get hitches and freezes once in a while, sometimes outright crashing with too much load...

I talked about it with the pc hardware store that built my pc, the guy running it kept claiming that it was a dual monitor issue, tried to sell me a "better, 240hz monitor" which according to him, would fix it (massive BS) I kept denying that, since my warranty on the card's still valid, i asked him if i'm still eligible for a new one if this card's faulty, and he kept explaining how tough it is to send them abroad for a diagnosis n everything (I'm in a third world country, so he might be right on that one)

Is this a problem with my graphics card? Or rather my CPU? Could y'all guide me through troubleshooting what's wrong? Thank you very much, i appreciate all of your help and any clues i could get.

Jun 21, 2020
Update: I got my RTX 2080 replaced for a brand new one, but the issue still persists :(
Disabling mipmaps in minecraft fixes the texture corruption but this new issue where all my textures become pitch black (including my hotbar items and whatnot)

Help
unknown.png

TRENDING THREADS