RTX 2080 Ti Bottleneck i7 8700k?

Jul 25, 2018
Yesterday the new RTX series of GPU's by Nvidia got announced and since they're "The biggest leap in performance" they have done so far, i am planning on getting the 2080 Ti in the near future. I currently have an i7 8700k, 32GB RAM, and an RM 850x PSU. I know that the RAM will be fine and i am guessing the PSU will also be fine, but i do not know if the i7 8700k will Bottleneck the RTX 2080 Ti.

Solution
The word bottleneck is used way too much and everything is a bottleneck. It's a stupid word people band about without really caring.

No, your system will NOT bottleneck the new card.

Chances are, an old i7 4790k will not bottleneck the card as well.

Also the card will be a bit pointless if you only play 1080p, unless that ray tracing is that important to you.
The word bottleneck is used way too much and everything is a bottleneck. It's a stupid word people band about without really caring.

No, your system will NOT bottleneck the new card.

Chances are, an old i7 4790k will not bottleneck the card as well.

Also the card will be a bit pointless if you only play 1080p, unless that ray tracing is that important to you.

Solution

birbwithcomputerparts

Commendable
Jul 6, 2018
I know you have chosen the best answer already, but I want to clarify one thing for you though. The I7 8700k is basically the top standard for any thing relating to gaming. it doesn't really bottleneck anything as far as I know. If you were to use the new RTX's with an AMD Threadripper though, it may slightly bottleneck. and as said above, the word bottleneck is used to frequently.

Nov 1, 2018
Playing during 32-64 player maps WILL push the i7-8700k to well over 90% at times and almost always over 70% regardless of overclock. I have the same cpu and GPU (5ghz cpu oc) and see the same thing. I have a little OCD and I'm considering getting the 9900k for them extra cores (but I'm resisting since my game performance is more than adequate on my 120hz 3440x1440 display)