[SOLVED] RTX 2080ti fe artifacts and bad luck

Dec 1, 2019
I decided to splurge a little and purchased a 2080ti fe on eBay. Well, I got it installed today, reinstalled new drivers just to be safe, ran heaven just for comparison to the old card and got little space invaders everywhere. Windows crashes sometimes and I get 2 different errors. Either driver irql not less or equal, and video scheduler internal error. What is my best course of action? Try it fix it myself, return it on eBay, or contact nvidia? Am I eligible for an rma if I’m not the original buyer?

Solution
I decided to splurge a little and purchased a 2080ti fe on eBay. Well, I got it installed today, reinstalled new drivers just to be safe, ran heaven just for comparison to the old card and got little space invaders everywhere. Windows crashes sometimes and I get 2 different errors. Either driver irql not less or equal, and video scheduler internal error. What is my best course of action? Try it fix it myself, return it on eBay, or contact nvidia? Am I eligible for an rma if I’m not the original buyer?

Return it. These aren't easily serviceable parts by a consumer, so fixing it is a non-option. RMAing would be the next choice, but ridding yourself of a GPU with a problem is preferable. Whether the company approves the RMA or not...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Return it. These aren't easily serviceable parts by a consumer, so fixing it is a non-option. RMAing would be the next choice, but ridding yourself of a GPU with a problem is preferable. Whether the company approves the RMA or not is up to them; with a few exceptions, the warranty typically does not cover anyone but the original owner. Many companies will honor them, some won't explicitly say so, but will authorize an RMA just based on the serial number, and other companies won't accept it at all.

Returning it is the easiest solution and the best one here.

Reactions: toniplavna
Solution
Dec 1, 2019
Return it. These aren't easily serviceable parts by a consumer, so fixing it is a non-option. RMAing would be the next choice, but ridding yourself of a GPU with a problem is preferable. Whether the company approves the RMA or not is up to them; with a few exceptions, the warranty typically does not cover anyone but the original owner. Many companies will honor them, some won't explicitly say so, but will authorize an RMA just based on the serial number, and other companies won't accept it at all.

Returning it is the easiest solution and the best one here.

Just a quick update: the seller took the card back and sent me a new one that is working just fine. No problems at all!

Reactions: Phaaze88