[SOLVED] RTX 3060ti underperforming?

Terminator_

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
Hey
I bought yesterday secondhand a 3 month old EVGA RTX 3060ti (from a prebuilt and apparently also had its thermal paste changed?) and today I tried out some games, particularly BF5 which I played a lot with my previous ROG GTX 1070, however I feel like I am getting less performance and more stutters, and the same or lower settings as I previously used.
I am playing with an i5 8600k @ 5GHz and 16GB 2400MHz Ram
hS42QCx.png

YoZD7An.png

R3LW5JV.png

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Solution
Are you playing singleplayer or multiplayer during this test?

83% CPU utilization and 53% GPU utilization isn't ideal. This would suggest you're CPU-bound and probably playing multiplayer. Still, it shouldn't be LOWER than your 1070 results. Worst case, it may be the same/similar.

BF5 (not multiplayer) isn't really CPU-bound, so we should be able to extrapolate some expected values even though reviews use top-of-the line CPUs. But we'd need to know what settings you were using with your 1070.
Assuming 1440p.

qiFhDUmoHxWyDDug2UjKyZ-970-80.png.webp

Given that the 3060Ti (more akin to a 2080 Super) is nearly 2x performance of a GTX1070, you should be able to reach 120+ FPS using ultra quality...

83% CPU utilization and 53% GPU utilization isn't ideal. This would suggest you're CPU-bound and probably playing multiplayer. Still, it shouldn't be LOWER than your 1070 results. Worst case, it may be the same/similar.

BF5 (not multiplayer) isn't really CPU-bound, so we should be able to extrapolate some expected values even though reviews use top-of-the line CPUs. But we'd need to know what settings you were using with your 1070.
Assuming 1440p.

qiFhDUmoHxWyDDug2UjKyZ-970-80.png.webp

Given that the 3060Ti (more akin to a 2080 Super) is nearly 2x performance of a GTX1070, you should be able to reach 120+ FPS using ultra quality preset.

TfY4yDFqebfgRTZRSNSTWn-970-80.png.webp

Last edited:
Solution

Terminator_

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016

83% CPU utilization and 53% GPU utilization isn't ideal. This would suggest your CPU-bound and probably playing multiplayer. Still, it shouldn't be LOWER than your 1070 results. Worst case, it may be the same/similar.

Assuming 1440p.

Given that the 3060Ti (more akin to a 2080 Super) is nearly 2x performance of a GTX1070, you should be able to reach 120+ FPS using ultra quality preset.
That was during a Multiplayer game
I know I used 1440p with the 1070 as well, with most/almost all settings set to ultra
I'm also not to sure what's causing my CPU usage to go that high, I usually have little to no programs open in the background, I could try doing a clean install of windows

Terminator_

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
Multiplayer will be more CPU demanding. I'd suggest testing in singleplayer before you go nuking your OS. You can also view/monitor active processes on your CPU.
So if my game has High CPU usage during Singleplayer I should Nuke my OS?
How can I monitor my CPUs processes while in a game? wouldnt alt tabbing hide any issues?