Question RTX 3070 graphical artifacts after a certain amount of time

Feb 18, 2022
Hi guys,

Asking this here as I think this is particularly peculiar as it seems like graphical artifact issues with GPUs mainly occur all the time, while for me, these issues occur only after a certain amount of time. Also, it's not just a glitch, this causes my PC to hang and usually I need to restart the PC in order to do anything. The PC has been factory reset. This is how the glitches look like: View: https://imgur.com/a/LetPc9r

Using a Video Card Stability Test, it seems like it happens about 30 seconds to 40 seconds in almost every time. I feel like this could be something where my graphics card is just absolutely fried, or maybe something else is happening that may be fixed, but I'm not sure. Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

Basic specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core
Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 (MSI)

I have a feeling I'll just have to return the card, but is it possible this might be the PSU?

Feb 18, 2022
Also, worth noting that it was giving those graphical artifacts on the Windows boot screen, but then I reinstalled drivers and now it only occurs during gaming/stress tests... it's very peculiar.

Feb 18, 2022
I can share a similar experience I had and it was the power supply in the end. I got "sparkles" which I thought was video card related, so I got a swap of the card from the store and the same thing happened. Upgrading the power supply (TDP on my CPU was only 65W so I did the math), helped everything including some USB issues I was having. However, if you don't have an easy way to test the power supply, perhaps swapping the card to another computer to test might help isolate the issue.