[SOLVED] RTX 3070 stuttering.

lethal66

Prominent
Feb 10, 2021
Hello friends, i recently upgraded to a 3070. However, gameplay doesnt feel smooth at all. Even tho i have high frames, the game doesnt feel smooth. Its when i turn to look around when things dont feel smooth, they feel choppy. I have tested on games like star wars bf2, csgo, and destiny 2. All have same problem. I have a 3070, ryzen 5 3600, 16gb 3600mhz ram, MSI B550 GAMING PLUS, and a lenovo 165hz 1080p monitor. I've already tried reinstalling drivers, and even resetting my pc. I dont know what to do anymore.
. I have left a link to a video where it shows such stuttering.

Solution
I second the DDU thing I have almost exactly the same system expect my ram is slower at 3200mhz.
I want to say about the power supply issue, its really incorrect that daisy cables deliver half the power the card need it's simple math really. Watt is voltage multiplied by current each connector on average is about 7 gauge for most power supplys that means it can carry 7 amps of current and all GPU cables run at 12 volts so each pin can deliver 84 Watts so if you are running 8 pin straight from the power supply you can safely draw 672 watts.i don't know any 3070 that need that much power at max. Check what cables you are using and see their amps and calculate it yourself but I guarantee you that 8 pin to 12 pin is not your issue. The half...
Hello friends, i recently upgraded to a 3070. However, gameplay doesnt feel smooth at all. Even tho i have high frames, the game doesnt feel smooth. Its when i turn to look around when things dont feel smooth, they feel choppy. I have tested on games like star wars bf2, csgo, and destiny 2. All have same problem. I have a 3070, ryzen 5 3600, 16gb 3600mhz ram, MSI B550 GAMING PLUS, and a lenovo 165hz 1080p monitor. I've already tried reinstalling drivers, and even resetting my pc. I dont know what to do anymore.
. I have left a link to a video where it shows such stuttering.
Whats your psu and are you using multiple psu cable or are you using one dasiy chained.

May 6, 2021
I second the DDU thing I have almost exactly the same system expect my ram is slower at 3200mhz.
I want to say about the power supply issue, its really incorrect that daisy cables deliver half the power the card need it's simple math really. Watt is voltage multiplied by current each connector on average is about 7 gauge for most power supplys that means it can carry 7 amps of current and all GPU cables run at 12 volts so each pin can deliver 84 Watts so if you are running 8 pin straight from the power supply you can safely draw 672 watts.i don't know any 3070 that need that much power at max. Check what cables you are using and see their amps and calculate it yourself but I guarantee you that 8 pin to 12 pin is not your issue. The half pit the confuses people is that 4 extra pins need power so they share it with 4 of the 8 pin you will see two cables connected in the same pin in 4 of your original 8 to make for 12 pins but again per cable power draw capabilities is more can enough and the total sum power draw capabilities is also more than enough.

Solution

lethal66

Prominent
Feb 10, 2021
I want to say about the power supply issue, its really incorrect that daisy cables deliver half the power the card need it's simple math really. Watt is voltage multiplied by current each connector on average is about 7 gauge for most power supplys that means it can carry 7 amps of current and all GPU cables run at 12 volts so each pin can deliver 84 Watts so if you are running 8 pin straight from the power supply you can safely draw 672 watts.i don't know any 3070 that need that much power at max. Check what cables you are using and see their amps and calculate it yourself but I guarantee you that 8 pin to 12 pin is not your issue. The half pit the confuses people is that 4 extra pins need power so they share it with 4 of the 8 pin you will see two cables connected in the same pin in 4 of your original 8 to make for 12 pins but again per cable power draw capabilities is more can enough and the total sum power draw capabilities is also more than enough.
thanks for the response. forgot to set it to solved. turns out i needed to turn on gsync on my gpu :) buttery smooth experience!

I want to say about the power supply issue, its really incorrect that daisy cables deliver half the power the card need it's simple math really.
You don't watch many videos or do much research on PC's before you build them do you? Because just about every TECH tip person I've seen all the "proper" post from manufacturing company's. All agree with my comment of daisy chaining is BAD for the GPU/system hence EVERY PREBUILT with "beefy" GPUs are sold WAIT FOR IT..... WITH TWO SEPERATE WIRES.

TRENDING THREADS