Question RTX 3070FE slight rattle that comes and goes on right fan at 40rp?

Feb 5, 2021
Hi, was wondering if I could get some advice? I get a very slight rattle on my right fan that comes and goes on my right GPU fan when at about 40rp. I contacted NVIDIA and they said that it is normal. I am just wondering what the heck it actually is? There are days when it doesn't make a sound, and then just randomly it will start that slight rattle.
Any advice would be appreciated. Here is a video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3aBFGd8j38&feature=youtu.be

More Clicking rattling:
View: https://youtu.be/hUGtCeRq_fM

And here is one when he is being good:
View: https://youtu.be/hJVKdKUf0Oo

Forgive mouse pressing in background, I am sure you can differentiate between that and the clicking I am trying to show

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you inspect the cards' fans while the system is powered down to see if there's any liquid/oil marks from the motor's hub? You should also check and see if there's a cable flapping around(in front of your other fans, not the GPU fans) when the noise comes about.

Reactions: MarkMMM
Feb 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you inspect the cards' fans while the system is powered down to see if there's any liquid/oil marks from the motor's hub? You should also check and see if there's a cable flapping around(in front of your other fans, not the GPU fans) when the noise comes about.

Hello, thanks for the reply. Nope, there is nothing like that of any sort. It's just a random rattle that comes and goes when it feels. There is no consistency to it whatsoever. It's very slight, and it isn't causing any issues, but its annoying me because i have OCD. lol

Feb 5, 2021
Still rattling away. No worse, no better. It's because the hub is slightly off centre. As it spins off its axis, it causes play in the bearings against the thrust shaft. There is no friction and it moves as smoothly as the silent one. Unfortunately, its annoying. Regardless, I have invested in watercooling for the summer. Just waiting for DHL deliver.

Feb 5, 2021
Yeah @MarkMMM , Its annoying! I know that feel. Mine is worse. And I sent it to the Zotac RMA . They back it after 2 months without fixing it LOOOOL.
You can check my post I posted yesterday. Now I decided to change fan by my own: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/zotac-rtx-2070-super-amp-fan-model-number.3699956/
Sorry you had to go through that. I read horror stories about RMA processes because of the absolute state things are in at the moment. So, i decided against it. good job you got a Zotac. At least your fan's are available. There are no fans available for RTX 3070 FE series at the moment, not on the market anyway. that's why i have decided to yeet them altogether and go for a water block.

Feb 10, 2021
Yeah horror experience with Zotac RMA! Not only that. I knocked the Zotac Live Chat Support(Tech Support) yesterday. Asked them, whats the fan model number. They told me that they don't have this information. I mean what's the point of the Tech Support then? LOL! They can just setup a chatbot for this haha!
Never buy Zotac from the next time.

Feb 5, 2021
Yeah horror experience with Zotac RMA! Not only that. I knocked the Zotac Live Chat Support(Tech Support) yesterday. Asked them, whats the fan model number. They told me that they don't have this information. I mean what's the point of the Tech Support then? LOL! They can just setup a chatbot for this haha!
Never buy Zotac from the next time.
Tech support always tries to lead you away from self-repair, its dire. Nvidia are worse. The cards are like gold-dust now - as you surely know - however, they want me to send it back to hong-kong with big letters on the box that says nvidia? They also tell me that they are not liable if it gets robbed in transit? Nope, not happening. its the equivalent of sending a gold bar in the post with a big sign saying "gold bar in box." I asked them to send me a single fan, and they wouldn't do that. Tried to look online for the fans to absolutely no avail. Hence, I have now bought a watercooling system. There will be fans online in the future - after bitcoin miners eventually bork their cards and sell bits of it for scrap- I'll just have to fix the air cooler then.