[SOLVED] RTX 3070TI PCIE Cables

Oct 10, 2021
Hi im building a new pc with Asus tuf RTX 3070 ti

My question is do I use 2 PCIE cables from my PSU to the graphic card ? or 1 PCIE cable is enough ?

I mean 1 PCIE cable have 8 Pin + 8 pins.

or shall I use 2 PCIE cables with 8 pins without the extra 8 pins for each cable ?

MY PSU is
Corsair RM750X V2 750W

Solution
So I get 2 PCIE cables 6+2 from my PSU and connect 2 cables to the GPU .
Thanks for helping.

I heard that each cable is around 150W

the GPU requires 290W so having 2 cables is reasonable.
Yes.
For a single cable using both connectors it would depend on the power supply.
My Seasonic says max is 225 using a single cable.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Because the 150W for a cable I heard that on google like I'm not sure of that.

Slot max output 75W (Some OEM motherboards will have max outputs on the slot, 35W is common in cheaper office PCs)
PCIe 6-pin max rated output 75W
PCIe 8-pin max rated output 150W.

However, a 6-pin connector has two 12V connections, 8-pin has three. In reality it is more like 120W, and 180W. But the goal is to keep the wires from heating up and increasing internal resistance (ie preventing voltage drop over the wires)

And that assumes a fairly standard gauge of wire. When you see PSUs that have multiple PCIe connectors on a single cable, they have used a thicker wire capable of more current.

So the basic rules exist to keep everyone honest. But there really is a lot of ways to get the power to devices. Best to check the manufacturer's recommendations.

But generally, if you can use two cables, do. There will be less heating on the cables and they will be slightly more efficient and your GPU will receive a slightly higher voltage.