[SOLVED] RTX 3080 BSOD when using Blender ?

bimbawzsvk

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
HI, I'm having an issue where as I'm using Blender (not crazy amount of polys, just the UV editor), and I'm getting BSOD from "VIDEO TDR FAILURE" and nvlddmkm.sys error. I've tried googling and looking for solutions but it still seems to be coming back. My current nvidia driver is 472.12 Game Ready Driver.
My specs :
Ryzen 7 3800X
Corsair Hydro H110i RGB Platinum
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
MSI X570-A PRO D4
4x8GB HyperX Predator 3200MHz DDR4 CL16
4TB WD Blue + 4TB WD Elements | 250GB WD SN750 + 250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO+
Corsair RM850 850W
Windows 10 Pro x64

This issue only started happening recently, since I upgraded my screens to LG UltraGear 32GN600. Before I made another upgrade of GPU from RX 5700 XT to RTX 3080, but nothing was happening until I changed screens.

Solution
HI, I'm having an issue where as I'm using Blender (not crazy amount of polys, just the UV editor), and I'm getting BSOD from "VIDEO TDR FAILURE" and nvlddmkm.sys error. I've tried googling and looking for solutions but it still seems to be coming back. My current nvidia driver is 472.12 Game Ready Driver.
My specs :
Ryzen 7 3800X
MSI X570-A PRO D4
Corsair RM850 850W
Windows 10 Pro x64

This issue only started happening recently, since I upgraded my screens to LG UltraGear 32GN600. Before I made another upgrade of GPU from RX 5700 XT to RTX 3080, but...
My specs :
Ryzen 7 3800X
MSI X570-A PRO D4
Corsair RM850 850W
Windows 10 Pro x64

This issue only started happening recently, since I upgraded my screens to LG UltraGear 32GN600. Before I made another upgrade of GPU from RX 5700 XT to RTX 3080, but nothing was happening until I changed screens.
Try this step by step if you could go to windows:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU, both nvidia and amd (clean all gpu drivers) (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings then shutdown.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

• go to afterburner and try to lock the voltage, and underclock by -100 or -200, apply and try to do a render.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling (available in the latest windows update) in graphics settings and reboot, it should be like this:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Espescially RTX 3000 series does prefer 1 pcie cable per slot, not split or branches ;D

Solution

bimbawzsvk

Commendable
Apr 14, 2021
Try this step by step if you could go to windows:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU, both nvidia and amd (clean all gpu drivers) (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings then shutdown.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan, choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

• go to afterburner and try to lock the voltage, and underclock by -100 or -200, apply and try to do a render.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling (available in the latest windows update) in graphics settings and reboot, it should be like this:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Espescially RTX 3000 series does prefer 1 pcie cable per slot, not split or branches ;D
dude thanks a lot for this! unsure what fixed this but I tried a mix of things u suggested - separate PSU cables, HW accelerated GPU, chipset software update, bios flash to newest version and ever since it seems okay :) thanks a lot buddy

dude thanks a lot for this! unsure what fixed this but I tried a mix of things u suggested - separate PSU cables, HW accelerated GPU, chipset software update, bios flash to newest version and ever since it seems okay :) thanks a lot buddy
just make sure everything is stable, and remember, 3000 series gpu tend to like 1 pcie cable per pcie power slot, so if you daisy chain it, bsod or even sudden crash could happen (y)