[SOLVED] RTX 3080 compatibility with my 2AC2.

Aug 26, 2021
I have a 2AC2 PEGATRON CORPORATION (7.16 10/05/2011) motherboard and trying to connect my new RTX 3080 to it. As soon I plug it into my motherboard, the pc doesn't boot. I did change the PSU from 300W to 750W which should be enough. It's still a windows 7, intel i-5 2400, I've read that RTX 3000 series is backward compatible. Will this motherboard work or would I have to get a new one.

Solution
I have Excelvan 750w Power Supply and was trying to run HiveOs to get it to mine. I tried few Bios updates to get hiveos to work on it but then as soon as I connect the GPU, it does not boot up. Its just stuck on a blue screen which has "Press Esc key for startup and the USB is till not recognizes so Keyboard doesn't work. Usually, without the GPU, I do see that screen but it passes that within couple seconds.
Oh god... I can not stress enough how BAD of a PSU that is. It's not 750w, it's a mere 624W on a PERFECT day. It's a fire hazard and I would NEVER use it to power anything but an office PC with integrated graphics. So you should forget using it with a 3080.

Your 3080 costs 12-15 times MORE than the rest of your system...
Oh boy...
What exact PSU did you get that is 750w? Make and model please.
You might need to change some settings to BIOS and possibly install windows 10 to work properly.

On another note, that system may be physically compatible but the 3080 will be severely handicapped, especially if you are playing at 1080p.
I would upgrade to a new platform to use that kind of graphics card. Even 2 generations before the latest will run circles around your system.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Aug 26, 2021
Oh boy...
What exact PSU did you get that is 750w? Make and model please.
You might need to change some settings to BIOS and possibly install windows 10 to work properly.

On another note, that system may be physically compatible but the 3080 will be severely handicapped, especially if you are playing at 1080p.
I would upgrade to a new platform to use that kind of graphics card. Even 2 generations before the latest will run circles around your system.

I have Excelvan 750w Power Supply and was trying to run HiveOs to get it to mine. I tried few Bios updates to get hiveos to work on it but then as soon as I connect the GPU, it does not boot up. Its just stuck on a blue screen which has "Press Esc key for startup and the USB is till not recognizes so Keyboard doesn't work. Usually, without the GPU, I do see that screen but it passes that within couple seconds.

Oh god... I can not stress enough how BAD of a PSU that is. It's not 750w, it's a mere 624W on a PERFECT day. It's a fire hazard and I would NEVER use it to power anything but an office PC with integrated graphics. So you should forget using it with a 3080.

Your 3080 costs 12-15 times MORE than the rest of your system and that should say something to you.

Solution